DESIblitz Job: Electrical Maintenance Technician – Heavy Plant, Cranes
Website Asset Appointments
COMPANY DESCRIPTION, PROFILE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
Our client is a long established business and UK leader in their field. With annual turnover exceeding 55 million pounds and a head count in the hundreds they consistently make strong and sustained investment in people, capital and plant.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrically Biased Technician / Craftsperson to work within a highly professional team. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out Electrical Maintenance work on all Electrical Services, Systems, Plant and Equipment (Planned and reactive), in addition to Electrical Installation works in accordance with current regulations.
NB: Experience of maintaining heavy plant and / or Cranes and the ability to work at heights is essential.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out planned and reactive work to the plant, equipment, infrastructure, marine assets and buildings.
- Diagnose and repair faults of an electrical nature, on electrical and mechanical installations, plant, engineering systems, and equipment in accordance with current regulations and guidance.
- To record works carried out, to include updating the computerised maintenance management system as required.
- Responsible for keeping the workshop safe and tidy
- To maintain plant (including heavy plant) and equipment, including portal, mobile and gantry cranes, tracked vehicles and skid-steer wheeled loaders for maintenance purposes only.
- To carry out completion of IEE installation inspections, tests and surveys including associated reports.
- Subject to approval by the foreman, plan and manage the working day based upon the job cards issued.
- To compile lists for the ordering of installation materials and spare parts.
- To liaise with and provide technical support to contractors as required.
- Instruct others when required on aspects of own work. Provide advice, instruction and training to Apprentices.
- To ensure full compliance with the requirements of the Quality Management System and Service level Agreements together with a high standard of customer care.
- Carry mobile phone and participate in the Standby/call-out rota for maintenance services.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Time served / Electrical apprenticeship / Full indentures (Preferably qualified to HNC level or similar)
- IEE Wiring Regulations 16th Edition or later
- Ability to operate plant & equipment, diagnose and remedy electrical faults, and install new external electrical work to specification.
- Ability to read and understand Technical drawings
- A knowledge of health and safety issues specific to electrical works
- Must be able to participate in Standby/Call-out rota
- Able to work alone as well as part of a team
- Able to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Self-motivated and able to work using own initiative
- Full current driving licence
Details of Package:
*Accumulated Hours Contract *Circa £41,000 PA (Inc. Allowances) + Excellent Benefits (On call Allowance is £141 and is paid every 8 weeks (On call Rotation)
*Weekly rate : £767.26 (£18.26 Per Hour)
*Wage rates are based on an average of 42 hours per week/546 hours over a 13 week period. Shifts are a minimum of 4 hours and a maximum of 12 hours. *Minimum of 3 and maximum of 6 shifts over 7 days and 24 hours, including weekends and statutory holidays (Christmas day excluded). *Minimum of one rest period of 24 hours each week *32 days annual leave per year including 7 days in lieu of Statutory Holidays
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.