DESIblitz Job: Electrical Craft Team Member
Website Randstad CPE
Electrical Craft Team Member
Randstad Engineering are currently recruting for an Electrical Craft Team Member to come and work for an industry leader in steel manufacturing based in Corby. This is a permanent position payinf £29,751 plus a £4,462 shift allowance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all activity is undertaken within Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and in compliance with company and legislative requirements. The jobholder will work as part of a team to ensure manufacturing performance on an ongoing basis, support manufacturing development plans and identify opportunities for improvement.
Your key responsibilities, will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Provide engineering expertise & advise in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
- Ensure that Electrical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and Engineering standards.
- Develop expertise and keep up to date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
- Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
- Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
- Supervise personnel and where necessary issue certificates of isolation as part of the safe system of work.
- Where necessary to provide cover for shift specialists.
- Be specifically familiar with many modern day electrical systems including PLC’s, Drives, AC & DC motor circuitry and be able to read and interpret electrical wiring and schematic drawings.
The ideal candidate will –
Ideally, applicants will be qualified to HNC level, which will have normally been obtained through a craft apprenticeship in electrical engineering or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate.
You will be required to have relevant plant experience in electrical systems and be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work.
- A market competitive salary
- Quarterly Bonus Scheme – subject to business performance
- One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
- Annual Pay Review
- Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.