DESIblitz Job: EC&I Designer
Location: Warrington, Cheshire, GB, WA3 6YD
About the role
The Designer ensures definition of design solution(s) and deliverables to required standards, consistent with whole lifecycle from concept through to in service support.
The role requires a good understanding of engineering and design practices as relevant to a design discipline including appropriate CAD skills, written and verbal communications skills, and an understanding of Risk Management.
The role generates a wide range of common or complex design situations and problems or detail for assemblies, components or systems. Applies knowledge to develop design solutions to a wide range of common or complex design situations & problems under limited technical supervision.
The role must be fully aware of and adhere to Health & Safety standards and be fully familiar with all authorised documentation, Good Practice Guides and ISO standards.
* Prepare & produce drawings throughout design lifecycle and in line with recognised ISO standards to the required; time, cost and quality requirements
* Promote effective co-operation across Design and other functional teams
* Prepare, produce and maintain project documentation as required by the design lifecycle, produce and update ‘as built’ /datum pack documentation
* Liaise with colleagues and stakeholders during design lifecycle to ensure coordination and functionality of design, including contribution to design reviews
* Develop innovative design solutions and solutions to manufacturing and installation issues by assisting in the resolution of Production and Technical Queries
What do I need to do the role?
You will require ONC/HNC/HND (or equivalent) OR BTEC National Certificate/Diploma (or equivalent) OR appropriate apprenticeship of specialisation along with relevant industry experience. You will also need knowledge of CAD tools, knowledge of General Engineering Drawing Practice, Incorporated Engineer status, ICF (Integrated Competency Framework) to be demonstrated or being worked towards, good communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines.
We would also like you to be a member of relevant Professional Institute and breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we’re compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
Babcock are continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to ensure that this is done in a responsible way with consideration of the unprecedented circumstances we are facing.
Please follow the link to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing Date: 6th August 2021
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.