DESIblitz Job: Digital Copywriting Editor
Website Candidate Source
About the Role
We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking content specialist to join our dynamic team of copywriters and content creators. Our ideal candidate is someone that can write and proofread with a high level of proficiency while also being a creative individual who can put forward ideas for improvement. As well as being a fantastic writer, we need somebody that can work across a number of formats to improve the flow and UX of our websites and who isn’t shy about providing feedback and suggestions within the team.
We are a successful e-commerce company with over 20 websites across a number of industries, including healthcare, personal protective equipment, medical, sports and fitness products. We are constantly launching websites and moving into new sectors. In order to fulfil our goal of growing our customer base and influence, we require talented writers who can craft high quality content.
We have a strong belief in the power of great content and we back up this belief by maintaining a vibrant team of creative individuals. Now we are looking for another enthusiastic and capable copywriter to add to our family!
Show Us How Good You Are With 10 Bullet Points
To prove how good your writing is, we require you to send us 10 bullet points describing why you are perfect for the role, along with your current CV:
- Include your 10 bullet points in the cover note area of the email making sure that they are preceded by the words “My 10 Bullet Points”, or,
- If you are having trouble modifying that area, please put them at the very top of your CV with the title “My 10 Bullet Points”.
If you don’t provide the 10 bullet points, we cannot progress your application.
What Will the Role Include?
- Writing SEO-rich product listings and articles for our website
- Proofreading and editing junior copywriters’ work for mistakes and tone and providing constructive feedback
- Helping to optimise content (through both copy and design) to increase conversions
- Working with graphic designers to create eye-catching and appropriately-positioned banners to increase website usability
- Providing ideas on general marketing, e.g. emails, new blogs, and social media posts
- Helping to continuously develop the style and format of content on our sites
What Are We Looking For?
What we need in a candidate:
- Impeccable written and spoken English, with a flair for writing direct, stylish and easily-understood copy
- A careful eye for detail and proofreading, including grammar, syntax and spelling
- Previous experience in digital copywriting, content or marketing with knowledge of SEO best practices
- The ability to provide feedback in a direct and constructive manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a good phone manner
- A good eye for graphical presentation and the ability to work alongside graphic designers to produce eye-catching content
- A proactive approach to improving content as well as being able to come up with creative solutions to problems
- A decent level of maths proficiency, including the ability to perform simple sums mentally
- The ability to work on your own without direct supervision with both speed and accuracy
- An adaptable style to suit different target audiences while keeping to a style guide
What we would like in a candidate:
- Previous experience with e-commerce
- Previous professional editing and proofreading experience
- Knowledge of HTML
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Experience with marketing emails (especially via MailChimp)
- Previous experience with UX copywriting and content design
- Experience using Google Analytics and Google Ads
- Experience using various Social Media platforms and knowing web best-practices
What Can We Offer You?
- A creative role in an established and growing company where you can learn from experienced editors and have an immediate and direct impact
- Regular team outings for team building and socialising both within the content team and within the business at large, including a Christmas and summer party
- Beers, sweets and chocolates on a Friday
- 28 days of holiday with an extra holiday day for each year of work (up to an additional 5 holidays)
The working hours of this Digital Copywriting Editor role are 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (37.5 paid working hours per week). In return you will receive a salary of between £25,018.50 and £30,010.50 per annum (£12.83 to £15.39 per hour) depending upon your ability and previous relevant experience.
How Do I Apply?
To progress your application to the next stage, we require you to complete a small challenge to prove that you have a good eye for detail and excellent writing skills; we would like you to send us 10 bullet points describing why you are perfect for the role along with your current CV.
If you are having trouble including 10 bullet points in your application, we recommend appending them to your CV. Please note that no cover letter is required and we will not consider any candidates that do not complete 10 bullets.
We look forward to seeing what you come up with!
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.