DESIblitz Job: Data Analyst
Website Cubiq Recruitment
Data Analyst £35,000 Chester (Hybrid role 1 day a week in the office)
Cubiq Recruitment is partnered with one of the UK’s leading independent holiday cottage rental agencies with over 25 years of experience in the business.
Their aim is to become the number one provider of UK breaks, by delivering the best choice of holiday homes and unrivalled service to our customers and property owners alike.
Why work for this company:
- Come in once per week or bi-weekly, for junior candidates they would expect them to be in more
- Training: Recently joined LinkedIn Learning, the candidate can access any course they want
- Culture: Really trying to evolve the culture and innovation, moving forwards into new technologies ML & aI
- State of the art office: pool tables, building new open plan area to promote collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities to move into different teams, entire reporting suite is Tableau so could more into a pure Tableau role in the future. They will also be mentored by Tableau SME’s within the business
- Data Analysis
- Good comms and work in a fast-paced E-Commerce environment
- Create and deliver bespoke analysis and reports in line with requirements and briefs provided by the Commercial Finance team.
- Proactively understand business objectives and challenges and identify opportunities to use data to address them.
- Working with stakeholders in the Commercial Finance team to gather key requirements, deliver insight, analysis and reports to support decision-making.
- Gathering, understanding and documenting detailed business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Implementing best practices for analytics and data management.
- Producing reports and dashboards based on analysis to display findings and track performance.
- Providing accurate and timely information/analysis to support business decisions, forecasts and the annual budget.
- Producing daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc management reporting as required.
- Working with stakeholders to construct/improve models which provide data and solutions for the Finance functions including through automation.
- Identifying new ways of looking at the data, or problems, and present the approach and output.
Essential to have:
- A related University degree and/or similar relevant qualification
- Passionate about analytics
- Ability to manipulate data using SQL
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiastic with a “can-do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Nice to have:
- Experience of working with Tableau
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Understanding of financial terms, financial information and previous exposure to finance teams
To find out more about the role and how you can support this journey, please apply immediately by sending your CV via the link provided. All applications are treated with absolute discretion, so send your CV now to arrange a confidential discussion.
Cubiq Recruitment is a leading supplier of recruitment and headhunting services into the global high technology, engineering, and manufacturing sectors, and we pride ourselves on delivering a premium recruitment service. If the position is not entirely suited to your professional experience, location, or financial expectations, please get in touch with a member of our team to find out about other opportunities.
We don’t advertise all of our assignments so register on the Cubiq Recruitment website for job alerts and industry news.
You can also forward the details of this role to any relevant or interested parties and make use of our generous referral reward scheme. Earn up to £1,000 for simply passing a name and contact details!
Both Cubiq Recruitment and our customer are equal opportunities employers and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.