DESIblitz Job: Data Analyst
Website The JM Longbridge Group
Global Financial Services Firm is hiring for a Data Analyst. This is a permanent role based in the City, and the salary on offer is between £50K – £60K. The role is still remote but may become 1-2 days in the office in the New Year. Financial Services experience is preferred. You must have experience with tools such as SAS EG and SAS DI.
You will provide business and technical expertise in collecting, analyzing, mining data to support enterprise data management solutions. You will work on, and may lead, project teams to support a variety of customer needs in the design and development of data solutions. You will also play an advisory role in the analysis of source data, modelling, ETL solution design, development and testing.
* Conduct analysis of source systems to understand the data, types of data, relationships and quality.
* Collaborate with the business and technical teams to identify source systems
* Create functional & technical documents documenting the plan and findings of analysis in order to act as a foundation of knowledge of the data within a system
* Collaborate with business users to identify attributes that require data quality and corresponding business rules.
* Through data profiling and data quality assessments, produce and understanding of the overall condition of data within a system(s), documentation of the issues, and in the case of data issues, the recommendations to remediate.
* Contribute to corporate data management best practices and implementation methodologies by reviewing, updating, developing documents such as templates, presentations, trainings, etc.
* Lead and mentor junior developers in data quality standards, best practices, etc.
* Provide support to the sales team for new customer opportunities and new opportunities with existing customers.
* 3-5 years consulting experience preferred
* Strong understanding of data quality best practices and concepts
* Database design and development methodology, including query optimisation
* Strong understanding of relevant and emerging database technologies and tools
* Hands-on experience with large scale data warehousing and analytics projects
* Strong SQL skills required
* ETL experience would be an added advantage
* Strong pattern recognition skills, strong memory and attention to detail
* Ability to conduct presentations to senior managers and large groups (25+)
* Demonstrates ability to create new and innovative solutions to problems
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to develop both functional and technical documentation.
Please apply for immediate interview!
The JM Group is operating and advertising as an Employment Agency for permanent positions and as an Employment Business for interim / contract / temporary positions. The JM Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and we encourage applicants from all backgrounds.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.