DESIblitz Job: Customer Accounts Advisor
Website Metropolitan Thames Valley
Customer Accounts Advisor
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join our Customer Accounts team based at our new office in Beeston. The office is a great environment to work in, with beautiful surroundings, onsite car parking and a café for lunch time dining.
- You will be part of a successful team, working together to reduce rent arrears and to ensure customers are given an opportunity to have a sustainable tenancy. At MTVH we aim to put our customers at the heart of what we do.
- The Customer Accounts Advisor role is an exciting role, responsible for income collection through proactive account management. The service is telephone-based, and you will be expected to act in a friendly and professional manner in accordance with MTVH policies, procedures, and good practice.
- You will provide a first-class customer-focused service ensuring that customers are supported when it comes to paying their rent and service charges. To achieve this, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of customer accounts, be effective in resolving inbound and outbound customer contact as well as liaising with Housing Benefit departments.
- A key area is to ensure the effective collection of housing-related debts through negotiation, setting up payment plans and advising customers on welfare benefits. You will collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to facilitate an effective debt collection service and achieve given targets.
- We currently also offer hybrid working which provides an opportunity to work 2 or 3 days at home per week.
- With the customer being at the heart of the service we do provide an extended service to meet customer demands. Your contractual hours will be 37.5 per week (excluding breaks), normally Monday to Friday, between 08:00 to 20:00, and Saturday between 09:00 to 17:00. Your pattern of work will be varied on a rota basis, and it is estimated that you will work one Saturday in six.
What you?ll need to succeed
While good knowledge of the debt recovery legal framework and experience in managing cases through this process is essential for this role, to really succeed it is your values and passion that will differentiate you. At MTVH our values of care, dare and collaborate run through all that we do, and we?re looking for people who demonstrate these behaviours every day of the week. You will:-
- Have the ability to hold quality conversations with our customers and fully understand their financial circumstances working with them to come to an agreement.
- Be able to use facts established, to decide upon a proportionate and appropriate approach toward each tenant.
- Give clear, and where necessary, firm messages regarding the importance of rent being prioritised.
What?s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ?Beliefs day? once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit ? interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ‘Serving people better every day’ to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other’s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.