DESIblitz Job: Contracts Officer
Website Metropolitan Thames Valley
Contract Officer ? Passenger and Domestic Lifts
(£29,925 – Beeston, Nottingham – Perm)
As a contract officer for Passenger and Domestic Lifts you will work within the Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) team within the Compliance and Technical Services department to assist in ensuring our passenger and domestic lifts are kept compliant with statutory requirements.
- Work closely with your Contract Manager to deliver programmes of work that offer value for money and deliver good outcomes to the business, stakeholders and customers. Co-ordinate with internal MTVH teams and external stakeholders where necessary
- Challenge poor service in line with KPIs, and to ensure good customer service to front line staff and residents and escalate issues as appropriate to the contractors contract manager/s, and MTVHs Contract Manager
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure data integrity
- Proactively request, collate and analyse information from front line staff, contractors and consultants to assist in the preparation of reports detailing programmes of work and performance (including KPIs). Ensure the data is accurate.
- Working with the Contract Manager plan, instruct and monitor repairs, renewals and replacements and ensure any items installed are cost effective and meet statutory, regulatory or MTVH requirements and are on line with KPIs Be responsible for the contractor keeping the relevant stakeholders informed of these works.
- Ensure all Passenger and Domestic Lifts servicing programs are delivered within the allocated due date.
- Work closely with the Contract Manager to ensure all Passenger and Domestic Lifts have an in date LOLER examination.
- Ensure LOLER defects are completed within the recommended timeframe.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience of working with contractors
- Organised and prioritises work to meet deadlines in a pressurised customer service environment.
- Use information gathered to diagnose problems, draw logical conclusions and suggest clear and practical solutions based upon your analysis
- Experience working with data
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office packages Outlook, Word and Excel
Please see attached job specification for full details including personal competencies.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it?s the ideal job for you, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What?s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ?Beliefs day? once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit ? interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ?Serving people better every day? to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other?s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.