DESIblitz Job: Construction Project Director
Website BPS World
We represent one of the UK's premiere construction companies, drawing on over forty years of specialised industry experience to provide excellent service, sustain long-term partnerships and achieve the highest quality outcome for key clients, whilst maintaining financial commitments.
Currently specialising in the delivery of Data Centres, it will further expand into the delivery of other key specialist assets, including Pharmaceutical and Defence.
We are currently looking for a Project Director to manage one of the largest data center projects in the UK. The project site is located in Chertsey.
- Attend and contribute to any safety initiative as required to ensure the project or projects are constructed safely.
- Comply and manage health and safety in line with company procedures, and current guidance and good practice.
- Ensure all Operatives are put to work ‘safely at all times’ with daily briefings
- Ensure that site branding and housekeeping standards are adhered to in line with company guidelines.
- Establish the project objectives with the team.
- Ensure the coordination of the project by appropriate planning and organisation by leading the site team ensuring the project’s success.
- Ensure the contract programme including monitoring and re-programming should it be required ensures timely delivery of the project.
- Ensure that the flow of information through all parties is effectively managed and delivered, ensuring the works are constructed to the latest information.
- If required organise the site team daily to deliver programme requirements
- If required have an understanding of each specialist sub-contractor’s order including all attendances, attend Pre-Order meeting with each sub-contractor
- If required develop the Project Quality Plan and relevant Inspection and Test Plans / checklists ensuring that the works are compliant with specification
- If required promote high standards of work completion across the site.
- Be aware of and ensure contract terms are delivered.
- Liaise with the project QS to monitor the financial status of the project, identify solutions to problems and improvements and organise activity to deliver these and the required margin.
- Monitor prelim costs with the QS to ensure no unnecessary costs are incurred due to poor record keeping and/or poor management decisions.
- Ensure procurement is carried out in a timely manner using our approved supply chain.
- Manage junior team members, making expectations clear and reviewing performance standards and assist in their development.
- Always communicate with clients and third parties in company’s best interests.
- Demonstrate our ability to our clients maximising the opportunity for repeat business.
- Set role model and ensure high standards of personal conduct at all times to deliver the company’s brand image.
- Hold weekly team meetings to discuss project delivery, identify improvement opportunities and celebrate success with meeting minutes.
- Ensure project records are maintained in line with the company’s processes, procedures, and good practice.
- Be responsible for a project to ensure the successful delivery.
- Provide a weekly report to Head of Construction
• Degree educated or equivalent in construction related subject
• Membership of professional body (e.g., CIOB, RICS etc)
• Membership of the CSCS scheme
• 5-day SMSTS – CITB
• 1st Aid at Work (4 day)
• A good understanding of construction methods and technology including materials.
• A proven proactive knowledge of the management of health, safety and environment
• Understanding of contract documentation and reporting and how best to protect the company Commercially
• Proven track record of career progression through engineering, trade, or construction roles in the construction industry
• Be fully compliant in planning techniques and the use of relevant software.
• Have a sound knowledge of the design and build process.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.