DESIblitz Job: Computer Science graduate teaching assistant, Enfield
Website Prospero Teaching
Computer Studies Graduate Teaching Assistant roles
Immediately start, fast track to interview – no filling out endless application forms!
Take the first step into a career as a Computer Studies teacher!
Prospero Teaching are actively seeking Computer Studies graduates with degrees who want to work as Teaching Assistants and possibly become teachers in the future.
We are seeking Computer Studies Graduates with a degree in Computer Studies to work in a secondary school in Enfield.
You will be required to support students with learning difficulties with a long-term view to possibly becoming a trainee Computer Studies teacher.
We are especially seeking Computer Studies graduates with good grades at GCSE, A level and with a Business Studies-related degree and individuals with good communication skills and dedication.
As a Computer Studies teaching assistant, you will be working in a secondary school environment with teenagers who require continuity, positive role models, patience and understanding.
What does the Computer Studies Graduate teaching assistant role involve:
* Supporting the class teacher and students during lessons
* Building a rapport with 5 – 6 students with specific needs and implementing strategies to nurture, engage and raise attainment in their secondary years
* 1:1 Computer Studies tuition sessions supporting in your subject specialism
* Running intervention groups in your subject area to build their knowledge of the subject
What support will I be given as a Computer Studies Graduate Teaching Assistant?
* You’ll be given training, guidance and support by an experienced consultant at Prospero and our Training and Development Team (all experienced teachers) as well as from the school themselves.
* A programme of FREE Training and CPD sessions are also offered.
* You will be supported by the school within the SEN Department by the SENCO, HLTAs, Pastoral Staff, Class Teachers and parents
* You will be provided with resources and strategies to support learners, behaviour management training, group and 1:1 training from qualified, experienced passionate staff.
As a Computer Studies Graduate Teaching Assistant, you will be exposed to students of various age and abilities and build positive relationships with these students to ensure they are accessing the National Curriculum, their learning is positive and they are making progress.
You will be able to analyse data and build your ability to raise attainment using key skills, lesson plans and numeracy and literacy intervention tasks and much more.
Computer Studies Graduate teaching assistant hours and pay:
Full-time school hours, 8m – 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
You will be required to run an after school club once a week until 4.30pm and attend a departmental meeting once a week.
The role is paid weekly at a daily rate of £100 per day and can become a permanent post in the future.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.