DESIblitz Job: Community Engagement Practitioner
Website Hestia Housing Support
About the Service / Department
Hestia's Mental Health Community Engagement team supports adults with moderate mental health issues (patients of NHS Secondary Community Mental Health Team), to improve their quality of life and wellbeing focusing on social determinants of health.
About the role
- Build a therapeutic relationship with clients using a person-centred recovery approach
- Help clients identify their own meaningful recovery and personal goals utilising a range of recovery tools (Dialog+)
- Connect clients to community groups and networks that enable them to participate in community activities and progress in their recovery journey
- Build relationships with the local community and statutory services
- Work collaboratively as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team
- Accompany service users, if appropriate, to appointments/meetings where they need additional support
- NVQ Level 4 in care or equivalent OR Minimum of two years working experience in a mental health setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Wide range of life experiences to bring an enabling and positive view of opportunities for others
- Understanding of the issues and concerns of mental health service users
- Experience of liaising with other agencies and partners
- Ability to travel across Haringey by car or public transport (reimbursed)
The role is full time (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm), based at St. Ann's (N15).
The salary for the role is £25,615 p.a.
If offered a role with Hestia, you will be issued a conditional offer based on satisfactory references and an Enhanced disclosure/DBS check.
Hestia is a disability confident employer, committed to the employment and career development of individual with disabilities. As part of this commitment, we operate a guaranteed interview scheme for all applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum criteria for the role they have applied for. We will also accommodate reasonable adjustment during the selection and interview process and throughout your employment with us.
Hestia positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. But we particularly welcome individuals from an ethnic minority background and those with disabilities to apply. As an organisation, we are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and value the skills, abilities, talent and experiences, different people and communities bring to our organisati
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.