DESIblitz Job: Care & Support Worker (Waking Night Worker
Website Metropolitan Thames Valley
Waking Night Care and Support Worker
Wood Court Extra Care Service
Full time 37.5 Hrs
Shifts -9.30pm to 7.30am- you will be required to work 4 nights per week flexibly over 7 day rota including weekends & bank holidays.
MTVH are a team of more than 1,500 colleagues working to provide affordable housing, care and support and community regeneration services.
About the job:
As a waking night worker you will join our team providing 24 hr support to elderly people with physical disabilities and mental health illnesses.
You will be required to provide full personal care due to the needs of our customers. Some customer have mobility issues and need support using the toilet, washing, getting dressed, administering medication etc. Your duties would include monitoring the customers throughout the night, completing security checks & health & safety checks, some cleaning, giving handovers and completing online trainings.
You would be expected to work flexibly to ensure individual needs are met while maximising independence, choice, dignity, privacy and well-being, in collaboration with the senior care and support workers/team leaders.
- Provide assistance with the personal care and support needs of customers as identified in their care and support plan.
- Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
- Provide social and emotional support to customers in line with policies & procedures and best practice.
- Be aware of customer?s wellbeing, safety and state of health, reporting any concerns.
- Provide care and support that is appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion and sexuality of the customer to improve their quality of life and independence.
- Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
- Prompt and assist with the ordering, safe storage and administration of medication as detailed in care & support plans, recording as appropriate.
- Experience of providing care and support to vulnerable people (voluntary experience also qualifies).
- Understanding of the needs of vulnerable people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to care and support of vulnerable people.
- Ability to work using own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet customer and service requirements.
- Availability to work on a rota basis including unsocial hours, weekends and public holidays.
- Ability to undertake moving and handling tasks (including pushing of wheelchairs).
- Level 2/Diploma in Health & Social Care related subject area or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake Diploma training.
What Metropolitan can offer you:
MTVH offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Childcare Vouchers, Health and Wellbeing Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer an impressive Pension Scheme and 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!Along with all this we are about to launch our Metro Academy which will ensure that your career is developed for years to come!
Please note :- we do not currently offer visa sponsorship.
What?s in it for you?
Our benefits include:-
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part time) per year
- 2 volunteering days per year for things like helping out in local communities
- An additional ?Beliefs day? once a year to have an extra a day off
- Enhanced pension with matched contributions of up to 9%
- Life assurance cover 3 x your salary
- Health cash plan scheme for your everyday healthcare needs which you can add your family members too
- Tenancy deposit ? interest free loan to help with rental deposits
- Access to extensive learning and training opportunities with Wisebox platform
- Colleague virtual social platform with our workplace pages where you can keep up to date with the organisational activity and link in with colleagues
- Career progression across the organisation with our mentoring programme and apprenticeships
- We are committed to the wellbeing of our colleagues and support this as an organisation
Learn more about our benefits and organisation by viewing our attached document
Here at Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing (MTVH) we want to capture the value that difference brings and are committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion. We work collaboratively ?Serving people better every day? to educate, support and develop all of our diverse employees and the communities that we serve.
We want every employee and every customer to feel comfortable enough to be their true self and are working tirelessly in the background to create an environment that encourages our employees to challenge non-inclusive behaviours and to be mindful of their own and other?s wellbeing.
Our core values of Dare, Care and Collaborate demonstrate that we are a people focused business, solving social issues by working together!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found so we do encourage you to complete the application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.