DESIblitz Job: CAD Technician
Website Penguin Recruitment
Salary: £20-£30k (dependant on experience)
Our client is a well-respected multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy. They are a unique business that recognise the importance of balance and how it not only benefits the employee but also the wider business. They encourage members of staff to get involved with company, charity, and sports events, and believe that it is imperative to enjoy your career.
They are currently recruiting a CAD Technician to join their Environment and Infrastructure engineering team, working on the design of buildings and infrastructure projects in their Nottingham office.
You will contribute to the project engineering design input at all stages from feasibility and ‘optioneering’ through to the production of detailed designs for procurement and construction. You will bring an understanding of engineering design related to construction in Waste, Transport, Utilities, Defence or related sectors and an ability to use design software.
- Production of computer aided design drawings to clients’ engineering standards and specifications and ensuring design deliverables meet required standards of accuracy and quality
- Ensure compliance with the appropriate CAD standards
- Compliance with the appropriate BIM standards and procedures
- Working in conjunction with multi-disciplinary engineering teams – civil, structural, water management, process, mechanical & electrical/ICA
- Supporting projects with data analysis and contributing to reports
- Preparation of simple calculations
- Supporting the administration of project
- Supporting construction works on site through site visits and working with site engineering staff to resolve technical issues
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Keeping your training log up to date and attending training/ Continued Professional Development days (CPD), where appropriate
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proficient in Computer Aided Design (CAD) with an excellent working knowledge of AutoCAD for production of construction drawings.
- Ability to work accurately, flexibly and to integrate their work with other discipline areas, whilst working to tight programme and budget constraints.
- Ability to communicate fluently with other team members and produce reports in clear English.
- Have a heightened awareness of personal safety and an understanding of the CDM Regulations.
- Ability to travel and visit operational and construction sites as required and to act in a safe manner.
- An understanding of BIM.
- Knowledge and experience of creating 3D models using Civil 3D and Revit.
- Practice of model coordination and clash avoidance activities using Navisworks.
- Experience with Autodesk Infraworks and Vehicle tracking.
- Knowledge/experience of using highway design software packages
- Experience of using drainage software such as MicroDrainage or PDS
- HNC qualification in civil engineering or equivalent Student, affiliate or associate
- Qualifications in use of CAD / Design software packages
What to do next:
If you are interested in this or other roles in Civil and Structural Engineering, please do not hesitate to contact Martin Boland now on (url removed) or call (phone number removed). We have many more vacancies available on our website. This is a permanent role. Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.