DESIblitz Job: Bid Writer
Website Trigon Recruitment Ltd
Bid Writer – Central London
Trigon Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with this multi, national award-winning company who have been operating for over 20 years, supporting learners through their unique offering of Apprenticeships, Recruitment and Training services.
Putting customers at the centre of everything we do ensures that we run a business where candidates return continually to further develop their career and clients return to us on a repeat basis.
Having trained and developed over 12,000 candidates’ careers with a strong focus on service means they have a 91% Employers satisfaction rating and 90% rate us good/Excellent. The service is supported by the employee loyalty we have with over 300 years of service dedicated to blending career development with commercial returns.
Our public persona is further enhanced with a 4.7 Trustpilot rating and a 4.3 in Google my Business rating. Other awards we have won include UK’s Best Workplace for 4 consecutive years, the Sunday Times Top 100 Company to Work, FE Week Digital Apprenticeship Provider of the Year, Winners of the Great Place to Work award “Excellence in Leadership”, CompTIA Apprenticeship Partner of the Year and Best Workplace for Women.
When we say our people are the key to our success, we really do mean it. This is why we work so hard to find the right people for our business, and why we are so passionate about helping every individual reach their potential with us. Just IT/Skills team is committed to encouraging equality and diversity in our workforce. We want to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background and make the best use of their talents. We aim for a truly representative workforce, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
Our vision is to be the national partner of choice across Hiring, Training, Development and Retention Solutions.
The Bid Writer will be responsible for preparing and writing articulate and compelling bid responses and supporting presentation collateral in line with deadlines. The Writer works under the supervision of the Client Services Director as part of the Marketing & Sales function. This is a great role for someone that has a couple of years’ experience and is seeking more autonomy and input into their role development.
The role involves writing tailored content for use in bids across the public and private sector for a range of values. The Bid Writer has a range of associated responsibilities around the preparation of bids and is expected to manage relevant stakeholder time to ensure the proposal content is as accurate and high-quality as possible.
- Monitoring opportunities through portals and frameworks and identifying relevant frameworks to sign up to that will generate potential opportunities – includes making accurate framework returns at agreed upon dates
- Lead on preparing and producing professionally written proposal responses with internal stakeholder and subject matter expert input where necessary, using our content library, own research, and own knowledge for the other elements of the bid
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, curriculum, and operations teams
- Analyse all tender documents and liaise with the Client Services Director (and subsequently CEO / other Directors if necessary) to obtain an initial bid/no-bid decision based on business strategy
- Produce and coordinate our bid plans to ensure bids are well-organised and involve the relevant staff
- Preparing monthly dashboard reports as appropriate. These Tender Reports analyse the performance of the Bid team against several KPIs including revenue, starts, submissions, and win value. The report is discussed with the board of Directors on a quarterly basis and an annual review is created at the end of the financial year for the Directors and wider business
- Following a victory, organize and coordinate implementation meetings to ensure all internal stakeholders at Just IT are clear on the next steps
- Organise and report all bid feedback to inform future responses and strategy
- Maintain and update our content library
- Set up regular meetings with internal stakeholders to gain updates on their aspect of the business, ensuring that our content is up-to-date and that we are aware of new innovations within our service
- Maintain our tender tracker, which looks at clients, deadlines, win/loss outcomes, value of contracts etc.
- Track our certifications and accreditations, contributing to the renewal and obtaining of these if necessary
- Support the wider marketing team with writing of blogs and content to keep the website current
- A degree in an essay-based subject (English, English Literature, Classics, History, Journalism, Creative Writing, etc.)
- Exceptional English writing skills including grammar and spelling with the ability to write persuasively and creatively
- Strong time management / prioritisation skills including bid management and delivering multiple projects on time
- Excellent attention to detail and proof-reading skills
- Effective verbal communication skills to liaise with colleague at all levels of the business and external stakeholders where necessary
- Explain complex issues in writing clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Advanced MS Word skills and strong MS Office skills, including Excel to Intermediate level and PowerPoint
- Flexible and adaptable to meet deadlines working outside cores hours if required
Salary: £24,000 – £35,000 + quarterly bonus.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.