DESIblitz Job: Bid Writer
Website Talk Recruitment
Bid Writer – Building / Construction
(CAMBRIDGE / REMOTE WORKING)
A reputable regional building main contractor, with a longstanding history and a strong brand in the industry.
Produce professionally written proposal and pitch content that superbly articulates the organisations value proposition and win themes.
This is a highly networked role that requires a forensic attention to detail, the ability to work under pressure within a preconstruction team, to demanding deadlines.
The Bid Writer plays a leading role in ensuring the effective co-ordination and timely completion of tenders. The Bid Writer is involved in different stages of the tender. The Bid Writer is typically engaged to help develop the value proposition and articulate the win themes and solution narrative. They are heavily involved throughout the Proposal Phase and typically exits after Clarification Questions have been submitted. During their duties, the Bid Writer will also be the required to oversee, coach and mentor junior members of the Bid Writing team and sign off on their submissions.
- Re-write / edit proposal responses from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Ensure win themes are articulated in such a way to meet / exceed the client’s requirements.
- Deliver completed written proposal responses to the Bid Lead/ Manager against agreed deadlines, escalating issues as required.
- Lead storyboard sessions with bid / proposal team members.
- Undertake market research for the kick off and solution meetings.
- Proactively develop and manage a network of subject matter experts.
- Assist the Bid / Proposal Manager in developing a proposal structure.
- Identify and re-work existing pre-written content where relevant.
- Ability to coach and solution Bid teams in writing best practice.
- Present and tag all new proposal content to the knowledgebase for potential re-use, by updating the company web-enabled databases so that information can be seen and shared throughout the Group
- Knowledge of proposal automation software.
- Communicate and influence at a senior level.
- Excellent time management / prioritisation skills.
- Forensic attention to detail and meticulous proof-reading skills.
- Work with the Business Development Team in researching OJEU Notices (Ted and My Tenders), sales leads, websites, planning applications and the like, to identify new leads.
- Designing presentations and company brochures tailored to individual client requirements
- Liaison with other offices, sharing information and promoting the Group and helping produce brochures to use when engaging prospective clients.
- Working on the preparation/writing of PQQ’s and tender bids, helping write bid responses as part of the wider preconstruction team.
To be considered for this Bid Writer vacancy you will likely have the following attributes:
– You Strive for High Quality and take pride in your work.
– Previous employment as a Bid Writer, Bid Manager, Proposals Manager, Proposals Engineer, Submissions Manager, Tender Writer, Bid Author or Bid Coordinator.
– Ideally Previous Main Contractor employment, alternatively candidates with previous employer with Subcontractors and Consultancies will also be considered.
– Ideally previously work on building sector projects.
– Preferably degree qualified in a subject with a high focus on creating high quality written work
– Industry specific knowledge of Bid Writing within the Construction market
– Exceptional writing, editing, and copy-writing skills
– Excellent English language (vocabulary), grammar and communication skills
– Adaptable to deal with changing project requirements and deadlines
– Familiarity with Microsoft and other desktop publishing software packages
– A naturally inquisitive nature to challenge ideas and provide new innovative solutions
Opportunity to work out of the Cambridge office / split with remote working.
Also option to hot desk from network of other East Anglia offices.
The successful Bid Writer will receive:
*£40,000 – £65,000 Basic (Dependent on experience)
*Car or Car Allowance
To be considered for this vacancy or to find out more information please apply now.
Services advertised by Talk Recruitment are that of an employment business and/or agency.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.