DESIblitz Job: Apprentice Service Desk Analyst
Website Inspired Energy
Inspired PLC is a UK market leading technology enabled provider of energy and sustainability advisory services. Since 2000, it has grown in scale and capability and is servicing over 3,400 UK and Irish clients across all sectors.
To enable businesses to respond to the climate emergency, we focus on solving their toughest challenges. By managing data comprehensively, sourcing energy sustainably and reducing carbon efficiently, we allow our clients to control costs effectively, make authentic ESG disclosures, improve their business performance, whilst powering their journey to net zero.
This role is ideally suited to a career minded, ambitious individual who is looking for that unique opportunity to prove what they can do and then be rewarded for it.
We are looking for a Apprentice Service Desk Analyst to join our successful IT team. This is a Office Based role.
Inspired Energy are the Utility experts with customers and IT at the centre of everything we do. We work hard and have exposure to some of the latest tech available. Our apprentices will work side-by-side with some of the most senior members of the company both Technical and Managerial and will have the opportunity to travel around the UK and Ireland for projects. The Roles are Based in our Head Office in the town centre of Kirkham, easily accessed from the M55 and the structured training is delivered in Manchester.
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Diagnosing and advising on client issues
- Identifying, investigating and implementing solutions to improve how we work
- Helping with server setup, configuration and support
- Complete different aspects of the apprenticeship scheme
- Work closely with Inspired Energy technical teams
- Read and comply with the company Health & Safety Policy; taking reasonable care for the Health & Safety of themselves and others; co-operate with managers and other employees in fulfilling our objectives and statutory duties.
Skills we are on the lookout for
- Excellent communication skills (seriously good)
- Passion for technology, software and the internet
- Experience using administrative features of Windows or Linux operating systems
- Interest in programming languages or web technologies
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Maths, English and ICT
Your apprenticeship journey
2 -Year Academic Programme:
We will provide you with a full 2 year training and development programme starting with a Level 3 or Level 4 IT Apprenticeship. This will focus on Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Cisco and Citrix server skills.
You will work and train with the latest technologies and techniques to deliver hosting solutions and manage servers. The training will be delivered at a leading tech centre (data centre) within Manchester with world-class facilities on site.
As a partnership we will develop your own individual personal development plan (PDP) to help you in your learning journey and career. With a typical group of five or more starting at once, there is a great team experience, supporting teammates at the same level and above.
You will complete industry recognised vendor qualifications (Microsoft, Linux, CompTIA, VMware, Cisco, Oracle and Citrix) alongside your IT Apprenticeship.
Year 3 and upon course completion:
Inspired Energy prides itself on offering its employees continual professional development and career opportunities supported by cutting edge tools, facilities, training and technology. We have clearly defined career pathways and individual development plans to help you get there. Dependant on your performance and once you have achieved your Level 3 IT Apprenticeship, you will have a number of choices:
- Start on a vendor certification pathway
- Move on to a higher IT qualification
Stay as an IT professional and become a specialist in your chosen area
What we offer
- Training and development opportunities
- Company pension
- Flexible work hours
- Sharesave scheme
- Life insurance
- 4pm finish on Friday
If you are interested in the role and would like to be considered, please apply now and a member of our In House Recruitment Team will be in touch. Good Luck!
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.