DESIblitz Job: Apprentice Finance Analyst
Website Meridian Business Support
We are looking for Apprentice Finance Analyst to join our successful team within an Electrical Trade Wholesaler based out of Sheldon, Birmingham.
- Contracted to 40 hours per week
- Monday to Thursday 8:30 – 17:00 & Friday 8:30 – 16:30
- No bank holiday working required
- Benefits: Pension scheme, Life assurance, 25 days holiday
As an Apprentice Finance Analyst, you will be trained on all areas of Finance, which will give you a fantastic grounding for your future career.
Your training will support you to deliver budgeting & forecasting, Group reporting and provide a solid understanding of business systems to enable you to offer support to the wider financial control team.
You take ownership of Daily reporting to share with the group, learn and master budgeting to enable you to manage and answer budgeting queries and become the administration support for the whole financial team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get in to the Financial department, You will learn all about the industry whilst completing the apprentice programme which will take around 18 months to finish
Apprentice Finance Analyst Role:
- Take ownership of flash reporting cycle, incl. ‘Daily Sales’ into Group reporting system (Magnitude)
- To be proficient in the use of the TM1 and Group budgeting systems, incl. ‘bottom-up’ budgets, head office budgets, and fielding budget queries
- To produce MI and Financial data/reports for use in monthly reporting cycles (e.g. Business Reviews, Package Reviews, Mid-month Margin Reviews
- To be responsible for administration of the FP&A function, co-ordinating completion of BR decks, PR responses, budget timetable & working sessions etc.
- To support the FP&A Manager in the production of the quarterly and annual bonus calculations
- To provide accurate and timely reporting on Cap-Ex spend in the Rexel & Denmans network
- To assist the Management Accounts team in month-end close, with particular focus on system support
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are documented and updated as required, and that they are routinely followed
- To support the FP&A Manager in fielding ad hoc requests for financial reports
Apprentice Finance Analyst Person:
- Demonstrable experience in a fast-paced, finance function – either as a business analyst, or assistant accountant
- Experience of working in either a retail/wholesale environment, or in a business with a branch network, would be desirable
- Role would suit a Graduate with an Accounting and Finance background or someone currently studying towards AAT
- 5 GCSEs A-C, incl. English & Maths
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce and present financial/statistical data
- Proficient, confident user of IT and Finance systems
Apply ONLINE today
Our client believes that this role does not meet the criteria to be considered within the Home Office Shortage Occupation list. Therefore, they will not support an application for visa sponsorship and all applicants for this role must have an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.