DESIblitz Job: Analyst Programmer
Website Kuehne + Nagel
Analyst Programmer | United Kingdom | GB14259
We have a new opportunity for an Analyst Programmer to join our Milton Keynes based team. This role offer a superb opportunity to join a leading global logistics business supporting the design and development of components for our in-house finance system, known as Acon. We’re quite flexible and will consider either an experienced Analyst Programmer who is proficient in Java programming and SQL with a background in Software Development, or a graduate with a specific interest in software development, computer science and with Java programming skills who could join us at entry level as a Programmer. . We’re a flexible business too, so you’ll be able to work from home a few days a week and with the team in the office for the rest of the week.
We’re not expecting you to know our system, our experts will train you extensively in both the technical and domain aspects so that you’ll become a skilful developer for the system. As well as designing and developing components, you’ll ensure the performance and quality of our programs, reports and database are continually developed to make sure they are at the highest standard. This role offers a great opportunity to either start or develop your career further in a truly global and diverse environment.
- Write quality software program code in Rich Client, Web, and Mobile platform with knowledge in Java and other technologies.
- Analyse and resolve technical issues caused at a program, system, or database level.
- Conduct testing to ensure a high quality of deliverables.
- Provide timely program fixes for urgent issues that have happened in production in order to ensure a seamless financial IT service globally.
- Arrange software package for global deployment.
- Conduct peer code reviews to ensure software quality.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation and diagrams of system design, system architecture and interfaces/integrations.
- Conduct Proof of Concept when introducing new software technologies.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Experienced Analyst Programmer or degree educated/equivalent qualification in Computer Science and a specific interest in a career in software development.
- Knowledge of both Java and SQL is required.
- Preferred knowledge of Oracle, Mongo, Hibernate, Spring, Quarkus and Angular.
- An interest of experience preferred in mobile programming,Cloud computing, AI and Machine Learning.
- Analytical, keen to learn, develop and explore new technology.
- Meticulous attention to detail, rigorous and patient with complex financial software systems.
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing centre. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life. As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognise the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
With over 76000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne+Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne+Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.
UK Resourcing team
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.