DESIblitz Job: Administrator
Website Pertemps Scotland
Our client, a highly respected Higher Education establishment based in the West End of Glasgow, requires an Administrator on a temporary basis for an initial 6 week period. The salary for the position is £11.01 per hour, working 35 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Main purpose of role:
To support the delivery of a range administrative, business and operating functions within the School. This will involve the support, development and implementation of key operating processes. The post holder will also act as the first point contact at reception dealing with a range of internal and external customers supporting the administration of finance, facilities management and other operational and student focussed processes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as first point of contact for the School being responsible for enquiries via reception, telephone and email resolving and escalating where appropriate
- First point of contact within the School for estates and maintenance submitting maintenance requests, progressing any follow up actions and ensuring health safety and other signage within building remains compliant and up to date
- Contribute to the delivery of an excellent level of operational support for staff and students across the School, and an excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders to contribute to the enhancement of the University’s profile in line with the strategic plan
- Support the administration of all courses across the School, including clerical duties relating to general course administration and admissions processes across the School’s subject areas
- Provide support for procurement and purchasing activity (e.g. for services, ordering supplies, travel bookings, etc.), ensuring that requisitions are processed timeously and subsequent purchase orders are tracked, received, and invoices processed promptly
- Support the prompt processing of financial reimbursements such as student expenses, external examiner sundry payee claims and escalating issues/discrepancies to School Operations & Finance Administrator
- Contribute to the delivery of an excellent level of administrative support for staff and students across the School, supporting colleagues in the wider administrative team and undertake other duties as required by the Head of Professional Services
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to interact effectively with people at different levels both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- High level of competency in IT skills including advanced skills in the use of Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to organise own workload
- Ability to adhere to timescales and produce information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in written form
- Strong organisational skills
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.