DESIblitz Job: Mechanical Maintenance Fitter – Days
Are you a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter looking for you next permanent role? Are you looking for longevity and have the thrill of working with a growing site? Then read on as we may just have the role for you……
Tarmac is the UK’s leading sustainable building materials and construction solutions business. Our innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country’s long-term future.
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join our fantastic maintenance team here at Tarmac’s Croxden Quarry, close to Cheadle in Staffordshire. The role is easily commutable from Stoke on Trent, Blythe Bridge, Stone, Uttoxeter, Rocester, Stafford, Leek, Hanley, Kidsgrove, Cookshill, Cheddleton, Ashbourne, Derby, Burton upon Trent, Burnaston, Congleton, Bidduplh, Newcastle-under-Lyme and the surrounding areas.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Maintenance lead, as our Mechanical Maintenance Fitter, you will be responsible for undertaking plant maintenance, repairs and improvements to ensure maximum reliability of all plant associated areas and to assist team members in all aspects of plant operation.
Your responsibilities as the Mechanical Maintenance Fitter will include:
- Respond to plant breakdowns, when necessary and be responsible for the correct and efficient repair of equipment keeping downtime to a minimum with timely and safe adherence to the maintenance plan whilst complying to all relevant statutory legislation and the internal company Safety, Health and Environmental standards
- Continue to improve plant performance whilst maintaining safety, maintenance and asset reliability
- Contribute to the in-house development of the Computer Maintenance Management System
- In support of the maintenance and operations functions, you will utilise documents, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated guidelines for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment
The role of Mechanical Maintenance Fitter is a DAY’s role, overtime is also available to meet with our site’s needs
The Ideal Candidate
The role is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires:
- Level 3 Apprentice trained or ONC/NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering would prove highly beneficial; although not essential, as QBE (Qualified by Experience) is essential in this role
- Experience of Fabricating and Welding
- Working knowledge of maintenance practices – hydraulics/pneumatics
- Have experience of TPM methodology and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering maintenance principles and practices, and experience of working in a relevant heavy engineering industry
- Knowledgeable in the area of Predictive Maintenance
- Experience in working with a Computer Maintenance Management System
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis, Failure Mode & Effect Analysis tools/techniques
- Understands database systems as relevant to planned maintenance and logging of shift activities
- An understanding of mechanical systems including hydraulics and pneumatics and understand National and International codes and symbols used on drawings and specifications.
- Ability to learn Health and Safety rules applicable to each department regarding their own and other operators’ safety
Along with the role of Mechanical Maintenance Fitter we additionally offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits:
- Bonus scheme
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the Tarmac Reward website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Access to join our Employee Communities (employee networks) we currently have nine communities inc. (REACH) Religious, Ethnic, Cultural Heritage, LGBTQ+, Parents & Carers, Ability, Wellbeing, Female Voice, and Menopause
- Training and development opportunities
Interested? Why not click here to find out more? Go on… are you ready to build your future?
Tarmac is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when this happens, we sometimes bring the published closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
@Tarmac #Tarmac #TarmacCareers #Maintenancefitter #Shiftfitter #Mechanicaltechnician #Fabricator #Welder #Mechanicalengineer #Maintenancetechnician #Plantfitter #Maintenanceengineer #Mechanicalfitter
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.