DESIblitz Job: SENCo
Website Positive Futures Recruitment
Job title: SENCo
Location: Pilning, South Gloucestershire,
Salary: £30,000.00 – £44,870.00 (M1 – UPS2)
Hours: 40 hours per week
We are currently seeking a SENCo to join a dynamic and inspiring provision for children and young people aged 7-19 with a primary or secondary diagnosis of Autism and related social and communication needs based in Pilning.
As SENCo, you will act as a member of the SLT and support the Headteacher in managing the schools Special Education Needs (SEN) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEN pupil achievement.
You will be responsible for the teaching and learning for SEN across the whole school.
- Identify and adopt the most effective teaching approaches for pupils ensuring dissemination throughout all staff.
- Monitor teaching and learning activities to meet the needs of SEN pupils and track AFL data for the purposes of Annual Reviews, PEPs, LAC Reviews and general School Reporting.
- Liaise with other schools to ensure continuity of support and learning when transferring SEN pupils.
- Work alongside the transition team, therapy team and class team with new starters to ensure that any gaps in paperwork are addressed ahead of the student’s next annual review, with proposed amendments.
- Set targets for raising achievement among all pupils.
- Collate and present assessment and performance data and share with staff and other professionals where appropriate.
- Ensure all members of staff are able to recognise and fulfil their statutory responsibilities to SEN pupils.
- Provide training opportunities for learning support assistants and teachers to learn about SEN, including whole school Inset.
The School offer every student the chance to explore and fulfil their own unique potential. With provision running from Key Stage 2 all the way through to post-16, they are set up to support children and young people at every stage of their academic journey.
- SENCO qualifications
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant knowledge and experience of pupils with SEN and SEND Code of Practice including children and young people with highly complex needs
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Understanding the role of therapists in meeting EHCP outcomes including how to measure progress
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge
- Life assurance
- Teachers’ Pension
- Free lunch
- Perkbox – offering high street discounts
- Employee assistance programme
- Car lease scheme
- Fully funded training and qualifications
- Bike to work scheme
- Free membership to Health cash back plan – Claim back money on services such as dental, optical, physio and many more.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.