DESIblitz Job: Skilled Aircraft Fitter
Website Guidant Global
Guidant are working alongside the world’s largest aircraft manufacturer, Airbus, who are looking for Skilled Aircraft Fitters to join the team at their renowned site in Broughton within the Wing Build Production section. If you have experience in a similar manufacturing role, we’d love to hear from you.
By joining Airbus Broughton, you will be involved in assembling wings for the entire family of Airbus commercial aircraft, including the A320 and A330 families, and the next generation A350XWB (extra wide body) aeroplanes.
What you can expect as an Airbus Aircraft Fitter
Get to do crucial work as aircraft wings are one of the most technically complex parts of a plane. The wings define the overall aerodynamic performance and are important in securing excellent eco-efficient solutions. You’ll also be:
- Involved in assembly, general fittings, and installation of components
- Repairing metallic and composite materials
- On occasion, working in confined spaces or at heights
As an Airbus Aircraft Fitter, we’re looking for candidates who have:
- Aerospace or Engineering Full Apprenticeship
- Previous experience in a similar role such as Sheet Metal Workers, Metal Fabricators, Welders or Mechanical Fitters
- Other qualifications we accept: Indenture and City & Guilds Level 2, BTEC ONC or Modern Apprenticeship Certificate, NVQ Level 2, 3, Key Skills level 2 and City & Guilds Level 2/BTEC ONC in a recognised engineering field
- Self-motivation with good communication skills
- An ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An openness to continuous improvement processes and new ways of working
- Knowledge and a high regard for Health and Safety standards
Working at Airbus Broughton
Airbus Broughton has a proud aeronautical history and is where aviation classics such as the Vickers Wellington and Lancaster and De Havilland Comet and Mosquito aircraft were produced.
Double days or night shifts available below – speak to our team to learn more.
Double Days: Week 1 – 06:00 to 13:10pm and Week 2 – 13:30pm to 20:40pm (Monday to Friday)
Nights: 20:45pm to 06:00am (Monday to Thursday)
Guidant Global (Airbus) is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.