DESIblitz Job: Fire Service Engineer
Website Get Staff
Fire Service Engineer – Cambridgeshire – Basic Salary £29,000- £35,000 Per Annum DOE + Overtime! Excellent Earning Potential!
Fire Service Engineer- Package Overview:
- Basic salary of £29,000- £35,000 (depending on experience and qualifications, negotiable). Overtime is paid in addition to the basic salary, providing an excellent overall package with great earning potential for the right candidate.
- Company vehicle, fuel card, tools and mobile phone provided
- Full-time, permanent
- Hours of work- Monday to Friday
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent progression and training opportunities
- Field based role
- Your area of work will be approximately 60% Cambridgeshire and 40% the surrounding counties
Company Overview – Fire Service Engineer
Our client, an established fire and security company who have been trading for many years are looking for an experienced fire alarm engineer to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis.
This company are continuing to grow at an impressive rate due to their excellent reputation and trusted expertise in their field.
This is an exciting time for the company and the right candidate for the role will need to be enthusiastic, forward thinking and personable with the drive to hit the floor running in order to take full advantage of the opportunities available to them.
Some of the services offered by our client include fire alarm systems and emergency lighting.
You will be part of a team who all understand the importance of working together to ensure a high standard of work is delivered. You will be given support, training and the correct tools to carry out your role efficiently and effectively.
Fire Service Engineer Role and Responsibilities:
- Service, maintenance & repair of fire alarms, emergency lighting, automatic opening vents and fire extinguishers
- Service and repair of intruder alarms and other security systems as and when required (training can be provided)
- Produce defect and condition reports for the operations team who will accurately price and plan remedial and repair works
- You will provide informal advice to customers to ensure opportunities to improve fire safety are not missed. You will ensure the basic principles of fire alarm and emergency lighting systems are understood
- You will accurately record all activities on company software system including capturing photos and updating asset registers
- Take responsibility for the overall quality of the work delivered on-site
- Carry out effective communications with the client and administration team
- Ensure the company meets its obligations and adheres to guidelines and regulations laid down by the professional bodies they subscribe to
- Work closely with other engineers and provide support and training to more junior members of the team
Fire Service Engineer Skills and Experience:
- You must have experience working within the fire alarm industry
- Knowledge of BS5839 & BS5266
- FIA/ BAFE/ IFEDA Accreditation (training provided for the right candidate)
- Ideally you will be multi-disciplined in the fire industry from service, small works, fault-finding and maintenance
- Knowledge of Morley, C-Tec, Advanced. Notifier, Kentec and Protec equipment is desirable
- You will be a good problem solver with excellent attention to detail
- A positive attitude and the ability to self-motivate is a must
- A drive and enthusiasm to grab hold of opportunities
- A full UK driving licence or equivalent is essential
DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY – APPLY NOW
Get Staff acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers
Please note that if you have not been contacted within 7 days, your application for this position has been unsuccessful.
Industry Key Words:
BS5839 & BS5266, Fire Alarm Engineer, Emergency lighting, Fire Alarm Installation Engineer, IP, Integrated Security Systems, Gates & Barriers, Fire Alarm Maintenance Engineer, Fire Alarm Service Engineer, Fire Alarm Repair Engineer, Fire and Security Engineer, Security Engineer, Fire Alarm Commissioning, Fire Alarm, Security Systems Engineer, Fire Extinguisher, Emergency Lighting, Nurse Call Systems, Security Systems, CCTV, Close Circuit Television, Automatic Number Plate Recognition, ANPR, Access Control, Door Entry, Automated Gates, Life Safety, Health and Safety, Intruder Alarm, Hikvision, Dahua, Qvis, Galaxy, Texecom, Scantronic, Paxton, PAC, Net2, Wisenet, Morley, Advanced, Kentec, C-tec, Gent, Hojicki, HiFire, Pelco, Menvier, Concept Pro, Haes, Notifier, Site Survey, Security System Design, Data, Fibre, Electrical Engineer,Advanced, Morley, Kentec, C-Tec, Galaxy, Texecom, Genetec, Pelco, Bosch, HikVision, Avigalon, Videx, C-Cure, Gallagher, Lenel, Paxton and Milestone
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.