DESIblitz Job: Trainee Traffic Installation Technician
Website Telent Technology Services Limited
Trainee Electrical Technician – Micklefield
This is an outstanding opportunity! Are you looking for that first step in your career where a full, structured training programme is offered, you work with a Team of supportive colleagues, and you can see the career pathway opportunities in front of you?
As a Trainee Electrical Technician, a typical day will involve working closely with one of our experienced Team to maintain, install and test a range of electrical equipment. Training isn’t in a classroom, it is a mix of ‘on the job’ learning, progressing towards an NVQ in Electrical Installations and Sector based certifications such as ECS – all while getting paid full time!
The progression from a Trainee will depend on what you enjoy about the job – but typically our Trainees progress into Installers, Engineers – and then on to Supervisors and Managers.
What do you need to apply?
- Motivation and willingness to learn!
- An interest and/or some exposure to anything electrical – whether that’s tinkering with computers, you’ve had some work experience, or a college course
- Ability to problem solve – ultimately the job requires thinking outside the box, following fault finding instructions and
- The role does come with a vehicle, so a drivers license is Essential.
Excellent employee benefits:
- Company Van
- Uncapped overtime options
- 33 days holiday (including public holidays) plus the option to buy or sell 5 days of annual leave every year
- Company (matched %) Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Ongoing training and career progression opportunities
Telent is a technology partner to some of the biggest names in the Rail, Traffic and Highways sectors – we help to keep the UK moving. Telent have been delivering intelligent transport solutions for over 30 years, and we are continually growing with over 2,900+ employees and 500+ field-based Engineers across the UK.
*** If you are currently in a builder / cabling / fibre engineering / electrician mate / electrical maintenance / Traffic Management / Traffic Management Operative position, then this role may also be for you!
Telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.