DESIblitz Job: Unit Manager – Senior Nurse
Website Linq Healthcare Recruitment Specialists
Unit Manager – Senior Nurse
Salary up to £43,000
Linq Healthcare have partnered with a market leading nationwide organisation who are currently looking for a passionate and empathetic Unit Manager – Senior Nurse to join their hospital in South Yorkshire, where they provide rehabilitation and recovery for those with a range of mental health disorder.
Do you want a nurse career that you can take pride in and enjoy? A role that is what delivering great healthcare should feel like? Are you exhausted by the constant backlogs and internal competition that the public sector has to offer? Do you want to earn more? Do you want the kind of progression opportunities that will allow you to take control of your career? Would you like to commute less? Or would you settle for the kind of role that would leave you feeling productive, fulfilled and professionally acknowledged for your contributions? Then we have the role for you.
- Paid DBS check, we pay for all new starters to have a DBS check where required, so you don’t need to cover the cost
- Paid NMC membership after 12 months; we’ll reimburse you for the cost of renewing your Nursing and Midwifery Council Registration (PIN)
- Paid access to RCNi Learning Platform with eLearning to support you to meet CPD requirements for re-validation
- My FIRST Rewards, with access to lifestyle and retail discounts, an award winning 24/7 employee counselling and support service, and an online Wellbeing Centre
- Refer a friend scheme worth up to £1,500
- Employee Assistance Program with a 24hr helpline
- Act as the Nurse in charge of the Ward ensuring as far as reasonable a practicable a safe environment.
- Complete notes and incident reports
- Escalate concerns appropriately regarding resident/service user well-being, incidents or staffing concerns in a timely manner
- Support new/junior/agency staff as required supporting colleagues to complete induction, and deliver person centred care to the standards required
- Ensure the requirements of the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Standards are met.
- Knowledge and skills required:
- Qualified Registered Nurse with active NMC Registration.
- Knowledge of NMC standards guidelines, requests and professional practices.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and commitment to change, improvement and quality.
- Ability to develop and use flexible and innovative approaches to practise.
- Excellent verbal , interpersonal and written communication skills, IT literate
- You will be a Registered General Nurse/Registered Learning Disabilities Nurse/Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Valid NMC PIN
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
To learn about this role in more detail, please contact Connor Honey on: (phone number removed) or email
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.