DESIblitz Job: Training Coordinator
Website Galliford Try
An opportunity has arisen for a Training Coordinator to join the team at Galliford Try, Ideally, you will be based in or around the Grangemouth, Scotland or Warrington England as our Regional offices are based here.
You will within our Environment Business, who are experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes, predominately to the Water Industry, across both Treatment Waste and Water schemes.
What you will be doing:
As Training Coordinator you will provide efficient and effective administrative support, to a range of stakeholder including HR colleagues and Business Units (BU’s), focusing on excellent customer service and attention to detail.
- Administer training activity in accordance with the People Section of the Business Management System (BMS).
- Create and administer Training Plan(s) to reflect the requirements of the business, in line with the L&D guidelines.
- Liaise with delegates and prospective delegates to acknowledge bookings and provide details about courses.
- Arrange all training courses to include venues, refreshments, joining instructions and any other ancillary requirements.
- Use technology including MS Teams and Webinars to administer training events where requested.
- Raise and notify suppliers of purchase order numbers and process invoices as soon as courses have been confirmed.
- Prepare and despatch Joining Instructions no less than 3 weeks prior to course.
Additional duties in line with this role are provided in a full job description on request.
- Experience of working in a multi-site-based organisation would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience of e-learning and other online methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Knowledge and experience of Microsoft suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of external funding bodies and data processes would be desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of using a HRMS / LMS would be desirable
What We Can Offer in Return:
With an impressive order book of over £3.2 billion we are one of the industry’s leading principal contractors, affording you the opportunity to work on some of the UK’s most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment. With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, Galliford Try is the right place for you.
We are committed to maintaining the physical and mental wellbeing of all our people, through our ‘Be Well’ programme which offers discounts on certain products, advice and support for a range of issues.
We invest in high-quality training for employees of all levels, from our leadership development framework to our apprenticeship programmes. Through our Career Paths initiative, individuals receive tailored training and support to fulfil their potential.
Our industry is all about creating talented teams that excel in their areas of expertise. As an employer, we know you are most motivated to give your best when you feel valued and engaged.
Our Agile Working programme empowers you with flexibility in when, where and how you work. Where appropriate, site and office-based employees can take advantage of a wide variety of working practices, offering different amounts of structure, regularity and flexibility to suit your needs as well as those of your wider team.
We put our people first and our benefits package reflects that by offering a comprehensive range of attractive options to help support your career on top of a competitive salary.
- Generous holiday entitlement, increasing with years of service, plus the opportunity to purchase further holidays
- A wide range of corporate discounts
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work schemes
- Comprehensive pension plan
- Regular Save as You Earn share purchase scheme
- Private medical scheme options are available for all salaried employees and our employee assistance programme also provides free 24/7 support to those who need it
- Paid for yearly membership to one recognised professional association relevant to your role
Named Contractor of the Year by the Water Industry Awards, Galliford Try is one of the UK’s leading construction businesses with a vision to continuously be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in.
Our purpose is to improve people’s lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
For more information on this role or to enquire about other positions available within our Environment business please contact Laura Mitchell.
Galliford Try welcomes applications from candidates who would like to work full-time, part-time and / or flexibly and this will be discussed in more detail as part of the recruitment process.
We encourage you and would be grateful if you could confirm any requirements we can reasonably fulfil to make this application a positive experience for you.
Don’t meet every requirement of the role? Studies have shown that some people are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Galliford Try, we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement of the role, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
A full job description for this role is available upon request.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.