DESIblitz Job: Technical Audit Manager
This role can be based out of any of our RSM UK offices.
National Audit Technical Services (NATS) is responsible for maintaining the technical quality of the audit firm’s operational procedures and guidance. It does this by producing the Audit Manual, maintaining the firm’s computerised audit software, as well as monitoring the technical quality of technical training courses and assisting in the provision of such courses on an ad-hoc basis. Technical content for marketing material is also produced and reviewed.
NATS also provides technical support to partners and staff in the form of advice and opinions in response to queries, as well as providing engagement quality control reviews, 2nd opinion and efficiency reviews. NATS is also responsible for producing the firm’s responses to exposure drafts, consultation documents and discussion papers from the FRC, contributing to global responses submitted to the IAASB, IASB and EFRAG, and internal technical communications which advertise changes to published standards, legislation and internal guidance.
The role will require you to communicate with a wide range of individuals within NATS, the audit business and other departments such as Accounting and Financial Reporting, Learning & Development, Valuations and Risk & Advisory Services and Ethics Team.
Your primary role will be a point of contact for technical queries from client-facing partners and staff, in your local region but also supporting other offices nationwide.
Other aspects of your role may include, amongst other things:
- Carrying out second opinion/engagement quality control reviews
- Carrying out efficiency reviews
- Assisting RIs on engagement quality control reviews of listed clients
- Drafting and reviewing internal technical communications
- Reviewing internal / external model accounts
- Updating key internal documents for changes to accounting standards
- Developing responses to consultation documents and discussion papers,
leading internal projects
- Responding proactively to legislative changes, consider the impact on the firm and its resources and providing commercial, risk managed solutions
- Coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team
- Researching technical material and ultimately draw conclusions
- Bring and share new ideas and challenge current working methods in an appropriate manner
- ACA/ACCA/CA/CAI qualification
- Previous experience working within Audit within professional services
- Good knowledge of accounting standards
- Specialist sector knowledge would be beneficial but not a requirement
- Auditing and financial reporting knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time effectively and achieve deadlines consistently
- The ability to manage risk in a commercial environment
- Experience of working independently as well as part of a team
- Experience of spotting problems and recommend / implement solutions
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference – to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.