DESIblitz Job: Maintenance Technician
Warwickshire (M40 corridor).
Excellent salary + shift premium.
As one of the most prestigious brands in the world, my client is a manufacturer of high-end vehicles and has a British heritage spanning over a century. With their headquarters in Warwickshire, their iconic range of vehicles are the dreams of many and sold from 160 dealerships in 53 countries.
With a new leadership team and strategic expansion plans, an opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Technician to join their team in Warwickshire and support in the maintenance of all manufacturing plant, equipment and facilities. Does this sound like the type of company that can offer you an exciting next step of your career?
Working within a small team of talented Engineers, you will take ownership of the improvement of equipment reliability, by increasing the mean time between failure (MTBF) while reducing the mean time to repair (MTTR).
The key responsibilities for your new role are as follows:
- Carrying out repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
- Assisting in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
- Carrying out PPM schedules and planned work orders, as required.
- Operating maintenance Fork Lift Truck and Elevated Working Platform.
- Assisting visiting specialist Engineers, when necessary.
- Reporting breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to management, Group Leader and Lead Tech.
- Making full use of Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Planning and prioritising workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
- Filling in job tickets / CMMS upon completion of work.
- Manufacturing spare parts, as required (simple bracketry gaskets etc) using lathes, milling machines, welding equipment etc.
- Identifying spares requirements and controlling / logging usage.
- Assisting with the moving, installation, repositioning of machines and equipment.
My client is keen to hear from people who posses a Mechanical or Electrical based Apprenticeship with City and Guilds (or similar qualification) and extensive experience as a qualified Maintenance or Service Engineer. You will also be able to demonstrate a proven background in relay logic and PLC control systems.
Regardless of previous expertise, you will be both motivated and pragmatic, by nature, and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. A background in the automotive industry would be an added bonus, although not essential.
In return, my client is offering a generous salary, with an additional shift premium. An excellent benefits package includes an unrivalled pension, private medical cover and death in service benefit.
The company are easily accessible from Wellesbourne, Gaydon, Warwick, Coventry, Birmingham, Banbury and the surrounding areas.
If this Maintenance Technician role is of interest to you, please apply online.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.