DESIblitz Job: mechanical maintenance engineer
Adecco Engineering are working exclusively with an excellent name within the manufacturing industry in Ayrshire who specialise in producing high volume, high quality products for demanding markets at home and abroad. Our client has been established in Ayrshire for more than 30 years and has a reputation for offering high quality employment and development opportunities.
Currently, we are looking for 2 Mechanical Technicians to join their team of excellent Mechanical Tradesmen. The Maintenance Department plays a key role in maintaining and developing our plant and equipment to the highest standards of accuracy and reliability.
Responsibilities & Duties:
· Play a key role in maintaining and developing our plant and equipment to the highest standards of accuracy, efficiency and safety
· Maintain and develop our production line and power station safely and in accordance with specifications, schedules, safety targets, and quality standards
· Troubleshoot engineering problems pertaining to equipment, machines and design
· Be prepared to participate in a call out rota and to work a reasonable amount of overtime
What we need from you:
· You must have completed an apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline and preferably have an HNC in Mechanical Engineering
· You have experience and knowledge of safely maintaining hydraulics, pneumatics, bearing fitting, alignment and pumping systems
· You are competent in maintenance management systems and general maintenance including fault diagnosis, troubleshooting and repair of mechanical plant and systems
· You have good communication skills and self-management ability
This is what the company offers:
· Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
· Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
· Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
· Benefits package: We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package including bonus and pension scheme.
· Core hours are Monday to Friday 7am – 3pm, however there is a need to be flexible depending on operational needs
Must have experience working wih pneumatics and hydraulics and have the abi9lity to read from schematic drawings
Please apply with an up to date cv
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.