DESIblitz Job: Project Administrator Apprentice
Website PETA LTD
Are you looking for an excellent career opportunity within the construction industry? Do you want to learn a range of office administration and project management skills? If so, and you are motivated by brilliant future progression routes, this could be the perfect role for you.
Our client are working in partnership with PETA to recruit and train an outstanding Project Administrator Apprentice. You will help with all aspects of office administration from dealing with customer enquiries, helping to price projects, placing orders with suppliers, attending site meeting surveys and issuing handover documentation to clients. You will be part of a fast-paced team who pride themselves on the quality of their work and excellent reputation for installing fire doors at UK airports and other major construction projects.
Why complete an apprenticeship with our client?
- 100% of our apprentices have been offered a full-time position on successful completion of their apprenticeship and have continued with further training/qualifications, promotion, wage increases and more responsibility
- The successful candidate will obtain their CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme) card, allowing induction and entrance onto construction sites
- Excellent progression routes including a project management or estimating role within the company, and management positions are attainable for the right person in the future
- The opportunity to learn transferable skills within the construction industry; the apprentice will learn all aspects of project management from enquiry receipt through to order
Training to be provided:
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard. You will complete a 15 month apprenticeship which includes 10 days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.
About the role:
The Project Administrator Apprentice will learn all aspects of the enquiry, estimating, sales, design, setting out, project management, installation and surveying process. You will also be responsible for:
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Reporting directly to the Commercial Director and Project Director
- Supporting with general administration duties and project specific tasks
- Formulating estimates for customers on MS Excel and our in-house pricing system
- Friendly working environment
- Working in a new purpose-built Production Facility in Havant
- 22 days paid holiday and bank holidays
- Free uniform
- Good future progression
- Positive company culture which is shaped by five core values:
- Customer focus – deliver on our promises
- Opportunity – for our people to excel
- Respect – for our colleagues and customers
- Encourage – support each other positively
- Safety first – going home safe and well
As this is an apprenticeship, no experience is required! However, applicants should have:
- GCSEs in maths and English with at least a grade C/4 in one subject and D/3 in the other (or equivalent)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Strong ICT skills including the use of MS Work, Outlook and Excel
Applicants should also be:
- Hardworking, keen to progress and eager to learn
- Well presented
- Organised and articulate
The company uses MS Excel templates which require accurate data input and acute attention to detail. MS Outlook/Office is also used on a daily basis, so possessing good knowledge is essential.
Please note GCSEs in maths and English with at least a grade C/4 are desirable. We will accept one of these subjects at grade D/3 or equivalent. Applicants with a grade D/3 or equivalent will be required to complete functional skills level 2 in that subject in addition to the apprenticeship.
Our client are experts in specialist fire door installation. Operating predominantly in the South East, they cover a wide range of new build and refurbishment projects including; Heathrow & Gatwick Airports, commercial office, school & residential developments and social housing. They provide a full project management service and fully certified installation service through the Q-Mark Fire Door Installation Scheme.
Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity and apply today to be the Project Administrator Apprentice.
Once you have applied for this apprenticeship, you will receive an email with an application form on that you will need to complete. Please monitor your inbox (and spam / junk folder) for this email and complete the form as soon as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.