DESIblitz Job: Business Analyst
We are looking for experienced Business Analysts with proven track records in eliciting requirements and supporting the development/procurement of cutting edge services in both waterfall and agile methodologies. The business analysis role is a key role in helping our National Security clients understand their stakeholders, elicit requirements and help craft the services they deliver to meet their needs.
We have a wide range of opportunities, so your role will vary depending on your existing experience, our clients’ needs and your aspirations. You will work on client sites, with stakeholders at multiple levels across a variety of projects.
The role will also include
- Business Analysts are involved in some of the most cutting edge and complex technology programs within one or more of our client-side teams. If you have the experience, you could also provide leadership to junior members of staff and interacting with stakeholders during the programme lifecycle.
- This role will expand your abilities through working alongside our wealth of specialists including other business analysts, architects, data scientists and software engineers on various projects, from rapidly prototyped research right through to high grade enterprise systems.
- The role will require a significant amount of time being spent at client sites predominantly in London, but may also include clients in Cheltenham and Gloucester. Whilst with clients you will be encouraged to recognise and highlight opportunities for the business to help facilitate strategic growth.
- You will be comfortable extracting client requirements and ensuring that business and technological benefits are clearly defined and appropriately quantified as outcomes.
- Implementing consultancy and or analytical approaches with Business and Customer Goals, identifying Benefits and approaches to managing dependencies and mitigation of risk.
- Be part of the technical solution/development team, to assist with best practice and development of technical solutions for clients.
- Support account and project managers in winning new work and delivering quality and assured deliverables/work to clients.
- Manage risks and issues related to taskings in order to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule.
Person Specification – Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience in delivering business analysis and or consultancy projects, within the National Security domain.
- Knowledge of and practical experience working on projects using different delivery methodologies such as Agile, SaFE, Waterfall etc.
- Able to integrate and successfully work within multi-disciplinary teams both onsite and offsite in client facing engagement.
- Experience of acting as the bridge between clients, stakeholders, technical and non-technical teams.
Personal Skills we care about
Assertiveness, Innovation, Communication, Negotiation and conflict Management, Facilitation, Presentation Influencing, relationship building
Business Skills we would like you to have
Domain Knowledge, Generic business understanding (how organisations and finances operate – business acumen)
Professional Skills we are likely to assess
- Agile development
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Case development
- Data Modelling
- Environment Analysis
- Gap Analysis
- Problem definition
- Process modelling
- Requirements Engineering
- Stakeholder Management
- System Requirements Specification
- User Acceptance testing
- User Role modelling
Due to the nature of this position, DV clearance is essential. Ideally you will have a current DV clearance with a National Security client, and we will provide assistance transferring this, as well as paying a high level clearance bonus.
For more information about clearance eligibility, please see https://(url removed)/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.