DESIblitz Job: Apprentice Finance Assistant – Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Website Compass Group UK & Ireland
What you’ll be doing:
Based at Tottenham Hotspur within the Finance Team of Compass Group UK&I Ltd – Levy Sector, the role will be to provide financial support to the Finance Team. To actively participate in the development of a “One Compass” UK Finance Function to continually improve service levels, cost effectiveness and add value to commercial activities undertaken. All key tasks and measures must be aligned to the Finance and Compass MAP (Management and Performance Reporting) plans.:
• Ensure all manual POs requested by the Operational Team are raised in a timely manner and the correct authorisation process has been adhered to
• Ensure all invoices are checked against a PO and processed as per Compass and Levy standards.
• Upload all invoices onto Foodbuy, and send any ad-hoc invoices to Central AP for processing where necessary
• File all paperwork in date order for ease of auditing if needed
• Manage and keep the PO Log up to date
• Ensure statement reconciliations are completed for suppliers throughout the month
• Produce the Purchasing reports monthly to highlight key trends and ongoing delivery issues
• Monitor and respond to the email inbox received from suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Update C&E and Mcafe daily sales and COS from systems
• Daily Bank Reconciliation
• Update MCafe Weekly Labour
• Download non match day and match enactor reports and share with the Ops teams as required
• Raise invoices and distribute to relevant stakeholders
• Work with C&E to minimise debt risk
• Collate Daily MCafe and C&E P&Ls
• Ad hoc reporting requirements
There will be no supervisory/management responsibilities for any other employees
More about the role:
Alongside your day to day duties, you will completethe Assistant Accountant Level 3 Apprenticeship. The primary role of the accounts/finance assistant is to complete daily financial and accounts-based tasks and to support the line manager and other team colleagues.You will be supported through this qualification by your Development Coach who will visit you at your place of work every 6 to 10 weeks. You are not expected to complete any of your apprenticeship work outside of your normal working hours and will be given set time each week to complete your work.
Who you are:
- High numeric and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to take on a broad spectrum of work under pressure and to deliver in agreed timescales
- Self-motivated and ability to adapt to a ever changing environment
- Flexibility to travel for event support
- Works well within a team and independently
- Microsoft Excel intermediate/advance
- Pro-active approach
- Self-motivated with an ability to effectively plan and organise own work
What we’ll give:
APPRENTICE FINANCE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Compass Group UK&I Ltd, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club, Levy Restaurants, Lilywhite House, 782 High Road, London. N17 0BX
REPORTING TO: Finance Business Partners
HOURS/WORKING PATTERN: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday working an 8 hour shift between 8am and 6pm. Some cover necessary on match days.
DURATION: Minimum 18 months
Do you have a real passion for working in Finance? Would you like to have a varied role that enables you to develop your financial and numeracy skills? Would you like to earn whilst you learn?
Well now is the time, aswe have a very exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Finance Assistant to join our finance team at Compass Group UK&I Ltd, Levy Sport.
You do not need to have any experience as full training will be provided as part of the Apprenticeship. This is ideal for a school leaver or someone wanting a career change. Apprenticeships are for everyone regardless of age!
Over an 18-month period you will be trained to become a fully qualified Apprentice Accounts Assistant.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.