DESIblitz Job: Finance Manager
Website Candidate Source
A successful ecommerce company offering over 70,000 designer products is looking for a Finance Manager to join the team in Paulton.
You will receive an excellent pay package, with paid overtime, a twice-yearly bonus of up to 10%, and 33 days paid holiday per annum (including bank holidays). They offer flexible working hours, life insurance, income protection plan, a great employee discount scheme as well as the usual company pension. They have recently introduced work from home days on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for the whole company, helping to provide a balance for everyone. Those who prefer to work in the office are of course free to. They also have flexitime arrangements to allow for occasional earlier finishes.
You will take the lead in managing the accounting and reporting activities of the business. They are a retail business, with a high volume of transactions, so a focus on systems and robust processes will be important. You’ll use your excellent people skills in managing your team, and in your relationships with suppliers, customers and senior colleagues.
As Finance Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing your team which will initially include an Accounts Assistant and an Accounts Payable Assistant.
- Providing training and proactive support and advice on a daily basis as well as the more structured aspects of managing a team such as leading team meetings, and performance reviews.
- Being hands-on in completing the daily transactional work alongside your team, particularly completing payment runs, resolving supplier queries, and ensuring all daily tasks are completed.
- Preparing monthly management accounts, analysing trends and variances, and discussing with the senior team.
- Completing the year-end and working with external accountants to achieve sign off. All filings will also be your responsibility, including VAT returns, other HMRC filings (P11D, P60), and other regulatory filings including tax filings in other countries.
- Take responsibility for monthly payroll, making any adjustments for items such as SMP and student loans.
We are looking for a Finance Manager who has the following skills and experiences:
- At least AAT 4 qualified
- Detailed knowledge of an enterprise grade accounting software package or ERP system (they use Oracle NetSuite)
- Advanced Excel skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a family business that since establishment in 1979 have become a leading retailer for designer fabrics and wallpapers. Their solid foundations allow for ambitious plans which include extending the product range and growing internationally.
You will be based in modern offices in Paulton a 30-minute drive from both Bristol and Bath. They are a team of 30, and this will grow steadily.
To apply for this role as Finance Manager, please click apply online and upload an updated copy of your CV.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.