DESIblitz Job: Senior Geo-environmental Engineer
Website Carrington West
Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Geo-environmental Engineer to join their team in Bolton.
Our client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. Working together with clients, they deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
Projects exist across many different sectors of development, including residential, education, and waste sectors.
The role includes:
·Close support to Technical Directors and Associate Directors in project delivery, work winning and maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
·Mentoring of junior staff.
·Preparing fee bids and proposals for internal and external clients.
·Preparing and checking a wide variety of technical reports including Phase I Desk Study reports, ground investigation reports, contamination risk assessment, remediation strategies, material management plans and other interpretive geo-environmental reports.
– Preparing company Health & Safety documentation for site works.
Requirements of the role:
– Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise technical reports and documents.
– A good understanding of water, ground and soil gas site investigation techniques and assessments.
– A good understanding of contaminated land regulatory and legislative framework.
– A good knowledge of the principal soil and rock strata encountered in the UK and associated geohazards.
– Experienced in logging soils and rock to current British Standards.
– Familiar with and able to interpret geological maps and geological data.
– Able to use the conceptual model to design and justify the nature and scope of site investigation works.
– Able to complete factual and interpretative Phase I & II assessments.
– Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy.
– A strong working knowledge of UK ground conditions and ground investigation practice.
·Membership of the Firm’s Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer’s contribution of up to 5%.
·24 days annual leave per year.
·Membership to the Firm’s Private Health Care Scheme.
·Critical Illness cover
·Inclusion in the Firm’s Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary.
·Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage.
·Flexi-Time Working Schedule.
·Long service awards.
·Cycle to Work Scheme.
·Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the salary, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Infrastructure & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Carrington West’s Highways, Transport & Infrastructure division is the fastest growing in the country, our specialist team has a combined over 100+ years’ experience in this market. Please call Eve Armstrong at Carrington West on (phone number removed) for more information.
By applying for this position, you are agreeing for Carrington West to hold and process your personal data in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Your data will be shared with third party clients specifically relevant to any roles you have applied for. If at any stage, you wish to withdraw your consent please contact us.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.