DESIblitz Job: Assistant Buyer
Website GBR Recruitment Limited
GBR Recruitment are working in partnership with a well-established progressive Automotive manufacturing client recruiting for an experienced Assistant Buyer (Junior Buyer considered to, or other Buying or Purchasing job roles) from a FMCG / Fresh Produce JIT manufacturing background.
The experienced Assistant Buyer will join the sites purchasing team assisting with the management / coordination of specific procurement contracts / SLA’s and closely monitoring suppliers performance levels, securing required provisions at the best price and the best quality OTIF to meet customers needs, whilst also ensuring continuity of supply, plus that contracted specifications are adhered to fully. Additionally you will consider new suppliers assisting with review of potential new business partnership & issuing PQQ tender documents to the prospective suppliers / evaluating all supply applications & making changes to the supplier base when deemed relevant to do so, to continue to give this fresh produce business the competitive edge in a testing market.
Duties to include:
- 360 degree Assistant Buying / Purchasing role, assisting with procuring raw materials, packaging, machinery, consumables, miscellaneous products & other services required
- Effectively assist the NPD Manager with managing specified SLA’s / contracts, suppliers performance levels and purchasing / supply vs demand projects to achieve the businesses defined strategic plans.
- Have a strong understanding of the business requirements
- Ensuring that all specific product requirements are met fully by suppliers.
- Work closely with the wider Operations Team to ensure new products and long term projects are successfully implemented.
- Produce product / supply reports and update the business on short, medium and long term purchasing projects.
- Manage Master Data information about the companies vendors.
- Ensure correct quantities, competitive purchasing prices, manage / negotiate price changes, and other costs (Lean focused).
- Understand and implement company procedures correctly for any product, contract changes and implementations.
- Monitoring product trends in terms of most popular products
- Supporting purchasing for NPD / EPD / NPI plus R&D activity
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Working towards CIPS qualification, or time served in a comparable Assistant or Junior purchasing r/ buying / procurement role.
- From Fresh produce, FMCG, Food Retail, Food Wholesale or E-commerce environments or similar JIT product purchasing / supply.
- Experience of managing Master Data Information ensuring accuracy of held data is required & a must, in order to be considered for this role
- Computer skills, ideally in MRP, CRM & ERP systems or others.
- some Excel skills.
This role could suit someone working as; Purchasing Assistant, Purchaser, Junior Purchasing Assistant, Procurement Assistant, Assistant Buyer, Junior Buyer, or similar Buying, Purchasing or Procurement roles (the client is flexible with applicants)
Interviews to take place immediately, with an immediate start for the right applicant
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.