DESIblitz Job: Finance Assistant
Website Randstad Sourceright
Job title – Finance & Commercial Assistant – part-time
Location: Hybrid – Newcastle or Manchester offices 1-2 days per week
There is a team meeting 1 day per month in Newcastle which must be attended.
Travel expenses paid if you are based in the Manchester office.
Contract length: 6 months + extensions. Possibility of transferring to perm in future due to team movement and growth
Rate: £12ph to £15ph PAYE – Inside IR35
Hours: Part-time, flexible hours, working 20 hours per week (sometimes up to 24 hours per week)
Randstad Sourceright, a leading provider of RPO & MSP Recruitment Services is currently recruiting for a Finance Assistant to join a leading brand name business that specialise in Engineering, Energy, Rail and Healthcare. This role is to work in the Energy section of the business.
As a Finance and Commercial Assistant, you will be entering TPW hours into the system and ensuring they are correct.
This role will be the key contact for the SAP FieldGlass system which will support timesheet bookings by all contractors.
You will need to have a strong working knowledge of Excel with the ability to do Vlookup and pivot tables.
Experience of working with numbers and 1 years work experience in an admin, data entry or financial role.
You will be well organised, enthusiastic and have good attention to detail.
- Responsible for the contractor timesheet processing to support the phased implementation of the electronic timesheet system.
- Responsible for ensuring all time bookings in the system are accurate and resolve daily queries in the cost centre.
- Control and update of cost bookings upon a weekly basis to ensure accuracy at project level is maintained.
- Project analysis as and when required
- Production of monthly metrics, KPI’s and newsletter
- Management of network numbers for all projects
- PO creation support
- Maintaining the contractor master data file for all Finance groups and working on continuous improvements with Procurement
- Ownership of key metrics for analysing and maintaining key metrics for the team with weekly reviews.
- Maintain close relationships with resourcing, central finance, finance and all site-based field staff and contractors.
- Creation and maintenance of process documentation.
- Supporting the Finance Executive and Finance Manager in all finance related activities
- Ad-hoc reporting requirements where required.
Key Skills and experience required:
- Either working towards an accounting qualification and/or previous finance experience
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and achieve objectives with minimal supervision
- Good analytical skills with the ability to change raw data into meaningful information for reporting
- Knowledge of SAP desirable and strong working knowledge of Excel
- Working independently as well as within teams is required.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong working knowledge of Excel with ability to do Vlookup and pivot tables
- Organised, enthusiastic, detail conscious
- Data Entry
- Experience of working with numbers and an interest in Finance.
- 1 years work experience (this is a junior role)
- Use of SAP system
If this isn’t the role you’re looking for right now, please visit our contractor portal below where you will see all of our live roles and communities to join:
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.