DESIblitz Job: Asian Network Radio Production Development Scheme
bbcasiannetwork BBC Asian Network
Want to get hands on experience working on Asian Network content and be part of the commissioning process?
Want to receive industry standard training from the BBC’s top producers?
Want a chance to share your creative ideas with programme teams across radio and the wider BBC?
Check out this West Midlands based opportunity for junior and mid-level creatives!
The 4 month trainee scheme will include BBC Academy training, plus a 3 month secondment to a radio production company working on BBC Asian Network content. It’s a great opportunity for people with at least 2 years’ experience in audio or professional experience with another creative sector.
- An interest in developing skills and knowledge in radio production.
- Have knowledge and passion about South Asian culture and music and want to see it represented in the media.
- At least two years’ experience in any of the following: making your own podcast, broadcasting radio programmes, working in TV & Film or creating digital content
- Based within the West Midlands and able to commute to Birmingham when required
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Have experience in audio production (at any level) or be working in the screen and/or digital industry
- Be creative and brilliant, passionate about radio, music and everything that appeals to a young South Asian audience
- Be able to work flexibly. Asian Network is a 24/7 radio station. The days and hours could vary and include weekends or evening shifts However we will take personal circumstance into consideration when assigning the placements and always give as much notice as possible
- Be 18 or over and from the West Midlands
- You don’t require any qualifications for this role – instead, show us that you have a passion for audio production and want to take it to the next level
Click here to apply – BBC Asian Network Radio Production Development Scheme
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.