DESIblitz Job: Financial Systems Architect
My client a large global brand is looking for a highly talented Financial Systems Architect based out of the London office. The role would ideally by a Hybrid Role (London/Virtual)
The IT & Change department runs numerous change projects across all areas of the firm, including vendor implementations, regulatory change, in-house development, as well as overseeing change delivery from third party suppliers.
Reporting to the Finance Planning and Forecasting Product Owner you will be responsible primarily for the development of new Anaplan features and use cases.
Working together with members of IT and Finance, you will be the technical lead for Anaplan, in charge of establishing a sound architecture and ensuring new features are developed to the highest standards and to meet our clients’ needs. In addition to new development, you will be pivotal in establishing our Anaplan Centre of Excellence, as well as training more junior members of the team. You will ensure our solution is well documented and managed. You will have the opportunity of learning new technologies outside of your area to support the roadmap of the Finance & HR Technology Platforms.
- Lead the development of new features in our Anaplan solution, managing end-to-end work, from collecting user stories, designing the technical implementations, deploying changes, to organising testing execution, under direction of the product owner
- Work with other team members to provide BAU support for the existing Anaplan models, helping troubleshooting issues and responding our internal stakeholders queries
- Perform routine activities in our Anaplan solution, such as triggering data integration or performing users set-up
- Liaise with senior stakeholders to become a trusted business partner
- Actively support establishing and maturing the target operating model, for example documenting processes and procedures in Confluence
- Collaborate with other teams in IT to develop and maintain integration to other systems such as Snowflake and SAP BW/4HANA
- Continuously and proactively seek improvement to the system by understanding customers’ activities and challenges
- Follow the business’ way for product management and Agile delivery
- Support internal and external audit requests and actively promote a culture of internal controls
Technical skills and qualifications
- Experienced Anaplan developer
- 3+ full life cycle implementations delivered, ideally in a consulting environment
- Proven understanding of management accounting processes, preferred CIMA/ACCA qualified
- Experience with Snowflake – preferred
- Experience in the Asset Management industry – preferred
In addition to putting clients first, acting like an owner, and succeeding as a team, the competencies for this role include:
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Comfortable debugging solutions and coming up with proposals for issue resolution
- Self-starter with proven problem-solving capabilities
- Able to analyse complex situations and take appropriate action
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team player with a flexible result driven approach
- Capable of liaising with Finance and Technology specialists
- Accustomed to working effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Able to adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.