DESIblitz Job: Transport Administrator / Assistant
Website Found Consultancy
Transport Administrator / Assistant
Entry level role – Global organisation
Salary: upto £22,500k plus excellent benefits
Role: Full Time Permanent
Location: Grimsby – Immingham
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large European organisation in a Transport Administrator – Assistant role. You will be responsible for and providing administration support to road, Sea & Rail freight throughout the UK / Europe. This is a new additional role to the UK team and you will be able to add real value to the FMCG organisation.
Role Information: –
- To provide operational support to the operational team
- Maintain databases for people, vehicles and equipment to enable legal compliance and best practice
- Build and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and internal customers ensuring excellent operational performance.
- You will be responsible for giving effective and clear instructions using excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts/personnel.
- Plan, book, record and confirm all appropriate transport arrangements.
- Operate the computer traffic system ensuring accurate data input, regularly checking and updating confirmations, transactions and orders.
- Liaise with drivers, shipping agents & freight forwarders supplying them with clear and detailed instructions.
- Assume responsibility for any consignment issues within the transport office, reporting these to the Transport Manager and effectively handling any queries.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly reports to enable the management of KPI’s
- Arrange additional resource or alternative options to effectively cover all operational activity
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Logistics experience
- Familiar with using Excel
- Excellent communication
- Commercially focused
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.