DESIblitz Job: Commercial Financial Analyst – Logistics
About the opportunity…
We are recruiting for a Commercial Finance Analyst supporting Distribution based at our Head office in Walsall. You will be Report into Commercial Finance Controller and be responsible for aiding the business in achieving company objectives and initiatives.
As a fully commercial analyst role you will be focused on the financial, commercial, data analysis which forms part of business partnering and decision support. Providing support to the commercial finance BPs on a timely, accurate and insightful reporting and analysis of the highest quality as a key enabler for value-add modelling, forecasting and scenario analysis.
The role has a flexible working location, allowing you to work from home and the office.
We are committed to supporting our colleagues with their development therefore this role comes with the option to study for a suitable apprenticeship qualification.
What you’ll be doing…
.As the Commercial Finance Analyst your responsibilities will be.
- Production of detailed and accurate weekly performance KPI reports using a variety of data sources. Presenting this information back to the site senior leadership team in a clear and insightful way that drives actions and improves site efficiency.
- Supporting Commercial / Distribution business decisions through analysing current and past trends in the KPIs including all areas of cost, cost of sales, by business channel
- Providing suggestions on how cost savings can be achieved in the department
What you’ll need…
Be part qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) student with associated degree
- Ability to disseminate large amounts of data and provide analysis and problem solve with recommendations or actions to address.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Microsoft Office, Excel, (working knowledge of Pivot, Look-ups,, Word, Powerpoint.
- Oracle experience would be an advantage.
- Detailed understanding of Oracle accounting software and BI tools.
- Access to own Transport for occasional travel to other distribution centres in the network desirable but not essential
What we can offer…
- Competitive salary
- Potential to earn bonus
- Free on-site car park
- Onsite coffee lounge
- Long service awards
- Additional holiday purchase – (once a year window to apply)
- Life Assurance
Since opening its first store in Burton-upon-Trent in 1990, Poundland, has built a network of over 850 stores in the UK and the Republic of Ireland, offering top brands and great quality own brand products that provide customers with amazing value every day.
Poundland offers thousands of quality products in store with over 1,000 well-known brands in 17 shopping categories including food and drink, health and beauty, household, gardening, DIY, pet, stationery, books, DVDs and toys. It is on a journey from a single price to a simple price point retailer. While the majority of items in its stores are at its original £1 price point, it is extending ranges above and below £1 that also offer amazing value.
Now part of Pepco Group with over 2,500 stores across Europe, Poundland also trades internationally in the Republic of Ireland through its Dealz brand. Dealz has a growing store base in both Poland and Spain.
Within the UK, Poundland has also rolled out its fashion brand PEP&CO to approximately 300 of its larger stores. PEP&CO, launched in 2015 as a standalone brand, offers customers a full range of women’s, men’s and kids’ fashion and is now bringing new style to Poundland with simple low pricing on family fashion that’s hard to find on local high streets.
PEP&CO was also nominated in the 2019 Retail Week Awards as Private Label of The Year.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.