DESIblitz Job: Logistics Operations Manager
Website Aligra Personnel Ltd
Overall Purpose of Role
To take ownership and the full day to day operational running of both the Warehousing / Stock Control and Transport side of the business. Manage all aspects of the operation, ensuring delivery, adherence to Health and Safety and Legal Compliance standards are met to a high standard.
This is very much a “hands-on role”, working for a firm steeped in history and family values. All staff work together collectively, providing a helping hand in all areas of the business. From the MD to the trainee, all work together to make sure the client gets the best produce on time.
· Managing a small team or HGV 2 & Van drivers
· Planning routes for the drivers to deliver too, briefing and de-briefing the drivers
· Customer complaint and resolution
· Fleet and DVSA compliance
· Fuel consumption and MPG management and vehicle damage costs
· HSE Compliance
· Ensure efficient cost effective planning in all aspects of the operation, monitoring / auditing and feeding back findings to the board.
· Manage a busy but loyal delivery team, ensuring that Service Level Agreement and KPI’s are achieved
· Ensure all relevant operational procedures are adhered to in order to maintain Company quality standards and competitiveness
· Supports the operation to ensure DVSA compliance and Health and Safety standards are maintained and exceeded
· Develop and implement continuous improvement measures to drive the operational effectiveness
· Manages the recruitment and training of new transport employees
· Ensuring all aspects of O licence requirements, fleet compliance and that the company operates within legal and regulatory requirements such as the Working Time Directive, Road Traffic Acts and vehicle safety
Warehousing / Stock Operations:
· Oversees team of warehouse employees.
· Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels.
· Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures.
· Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages.
· Manages schedules of employees, deliveries and shipments to optimize operations.
· Communicates with warehouse employees to meet business goals and address personnel issues.
· Develops business relationships with suppliers and clients.
· Proposes ways to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics.
· Monitors demand and analyzes data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
· Reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personnel issues to upper management.
· Manages the recruitment and training of new warehouse employees.
· Be ticketed to driver a Reach Fork-lift truck
As this role is a very wide reaching role – with overall ownership of the transport and warehouse functions, the right candidate needs:
· MUST be “hands-on” – roll their sleeves up and down on the shop floor – this is NOT a management role disconnected to the worker bees – quite the opposite.
· Flexibility to be operationally in control in one task, but also able to on the very odd occasion jump on the forklift to help get an order out or unloaded.
· Be very good on computers and able to learn new systems easily – some processes are still paper based – but a good degree of these are now system / IT based (paperless)
· Must be a people person, the business area this person will be working has long term members of staff so they must be able to slot in personality wise, this is not a faceless corporate machine, all staff from MD to Trainee interact daily in person.
Salary / Benefits/Hours:
The salary is £40k, plus 10% pension contribution from the firm.
Monday to Friday role- with some degree of flex and extra on-hand availably due to senior nature and operational responsibility of the role which is a pivotal part of the business.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.