DESIblitz Job: EC&I Craftsperson
The EC&I Craftsperson repairs, maintains and calibrates Radiation Protection instruments and associated equipment. This role delivers in line with all aspects of safety, quality and environmental standards within the team.
* To work safely in accordance with all safety, quality, security, environmental and site instructions and requirements
* Repair, maintain, calibrate and test Radiation Protection Instruments to ensure customer work demands are met
* Work to maintenance instructions and record information accurately
* Conform to local procedures, rules and working practices to ensure compliance with specified regulatory and customer requirements
* Provide technical advice, updates on work progress and other relevant information to customer as required
* Acts as a mentor for other team members as required, including apprentices and new entrants to department to ensure standards and best practices are maintained
* Identify improvements and innovations in service provision to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision. Timely implementation of agreed improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
* Apprenticeship or equivalent training in relevant discipline (e.g. Electronic, Electrical, Instrumentation, Technology fields)
* 5 GCSE or equivalent (at Grade C or above) including English, a Science subject and Maths at a minimum of Grade B
* Knowledge and understanding of conventional and nuclear safety
* Proven experience of servicing electronic instrument systems
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you’re applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 6th August 2021
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.