DESIblitz Job: Project Manager
Website Bila Group
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Structural Steel Fabricators and they’ve designed, manufactured and installed some of the most complex and technically challenging iconic steel structures Nationally. They possess an excellent reputation for constructional engineering excellence and despite difficult economic circumstances, this business has always posted increased profits which is testament to the quality of their operations. Servicing the Industrial, Commercial, Retail, Education, Health, Residential, Leisure, Infrastructure, Power and Defence sectors, an opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to become part of the management team and take responsibility for the delivery of key projects.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Overseeing all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of projects. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of projects. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will hire new talent as needed to fulfill client needs. The PM will lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The role will report to the Contracts Director and MD and the PM will work to enhance the department and business reputation.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Meet with clients to take detailed ordering briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- 10+ years experience delivering structural steel projects.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience.
This is a superb opportunity to join an industry leader in a key management/leadership role. Providing this fits your experience, we welcome your application.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.