DESIblitz Job: Lead Machining Technician
Website Outsource UK Ltd
Lead Machining Technician
Based in Peterborough an Machining Technician is required to work on an 12 month with the likely hood of extension for one of the world’s leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel engines.
Manual Machine Operator, CNC Programmer, Operator / Inspection CMM programmer, Operator / Lead Technician
- The successful candidate will be working within the Research & Development Department to carry out , a variety of machining / fabrication work to support new engine program’s to very tight deadlines
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings and engineers instructions and then using a variety of machinery (CNC and conventional) to produce the parts. This is predominantly producing one off parts.
- The successful candidate will need to adhere to company processes including Safety, Standard Work and Quality.
- Working with all types of engineers and attending various meetings with regards to operations planning
- Run various manual machines or grinders
Skills and Experience required:
- Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office, PDF, emails,
- Previous experience operating conventional Lathes, Milling machines, Grinding, Boring machines and or CNC programing / operating
- Previous experience in using measuring equipment, including vernier calipers depth and thread gauges to name a few
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Applicants must be self-motivated with good team working skills and be willing to work shifts.
- Initiative, problem solving and positive attitude to change are also essential.
- Previous experience programing and operating 3D printers would be advantageous but training will be provided
- Apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ Level 3 in Machining or equivalent qualifications
- Previous experience at work coordinating or Leadership Experience
If you would like to be considered for this role please don’t hesitate to click apply or call Daniel McShane for more information.
Outsource UK – Curating Specialist Talent
We’re one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
For more information, please visit our website
Outsource – taking care of everything
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.