DESIblitz Job: Snr Technician (EC&I Tech)
Website Amey plc
What is the purpose of this role?
We are currently expanding our team and require a Senior Mechanical Technicians (EC&I) with experience in the Energy from Waste, Petrochemical or Power sector.
The role will require you to provide technical support to the operational team, solving electrical, control and instrumentation related issues.
Play an active role in plant safety schemes such as Near Misses or Incident Investigations, provide support where required and implement any recommendations arising from such schemes.
As well as a Competitive Salary, we provide a generous holiday allowance and a wider benefits scheme. We also offer access to training and development and each role follows a career path framework.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure maintenance team compliance with appropriate Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental standards, policies and procedures.
- Assist in delivering the Maintenance Teams KPI’s.
- Implementation and testing of software modules and systems
- Develop and implement engineering procedures, instructions, method statements and guidance documents
- Implementation and testing of SCADA systems
- To assist with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required, to ensure all aspects of EC&I work are completed to program, in a safe and efficient manner
- Assist in delivering the Maintenance Teams KPI’s.
- Permit issuing and Isolations.
- Complete accurate maintenance reporting within the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Assist in identifying the failure modes for all apparatus
What are we looking for?
- Qualifications – Recognised EC&I Apprenticeship Scheme and ONC/HNC in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering or equivalent
Experience associated with:
- Developing EC&I design requirements
- Electrical Installation systems – power, control, cable specification, sizing, including data cables, instrument cables, along with associated cable segregation and screening requirements
- Instrumentation systems for process industry
- Engineering design for Hazardous areas
- Preparation of work scope packages for installation and commissioning
- Control panels design, including PLC systems, and associated power distribution
- Motor Control Centres
- Understanding of computer based maintenance management systems.
- Explicit time management, with the ability to prioritise work against deadlines
- Be able to articulate accurate and timely responses and be able to request clarifications and explanations where necessary
- Practical and proven understanding of the importance of health and safety associated with electrical engineering through construction, operation, inspection and maintenance
- Knowledge of the CDM Regulations
- Ability to generate risk assessments and method statements as required for the process equipment
- Broad knowledge of C&I equipment and its functional application
- Conversant with High Voltage (HV) Testing and Earthing requirements
- Knowledge of Profibus, Ethernet switching and Optical Fibre networking
- Experience with Energy from Waste and/or Power Generation Operations and Maintenance
We’re all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK’s road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK’s defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You’re surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There’ll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You’ll be stretched but always supported. Whether it’s working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you’ll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.