DESIblitz Job: Timber Frame Supervisor – Bahamas
Website Wymondham Associates (International) Ltd
- Role: Timber Frame – Supervisor
- Sector: Custom Residential – Stick Build
- Location: The Bahamas
- Hourly Rate: Tax Free – Negotiable DoE and based on a minimum of 50hrs /wk + Accommodation + Transportation + Flights + Local Benefits
My client is undertaking a number of Timber Frame (Stick Build) Custom Residential projects on a luxury residential development within the Bahamas and they are looking to strengthen their team with an experienced Supervisory level Timber Framer.
To be considered, you will have:
- At least 5 years' experience operating in a Supervisory capacity as a Timber Framer
- Studied carpentry at a recognized institution
- 5-10 years of carpentry experience related to framing
- Experienced in Stick Build based Timber Frame construction
- Experienced and knowledge in Building Code
- Ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Must have a complete understanding of the production flow and product completion
- Comprehensive knowledge of drawings and their interpretation
- Experience in delivering Luxury Custom Residential works.
- Execute instructions as per the drawings on all timber frame projects
- Oversight of local installer crews
- Organizing flow of material in the most efficient manner on current and upcoming projects
- Take the project from a concrete base, to installation and finishes
- Monitoring and ordering supplies required for pre-fabrication work
- Finishing connection details on timbers with hand and power tools
- Test fitting connections, checking timber cross sections and inspecting timbers for defects ensuring grades and visual qualities are met
- Sanding, staining and end sealing timbers
- Packaging and shipping timber frame and material packages
- Monitoring the productivity of junior carpenters to maintain targets and quality standards
- Ensuring junior timber frame carpenters are working safely
- Cleaning work areas, machines, or equipment, to maintain a clean and safe work area
- Assist with timber frame raisings and material package installations.
This is an exciting opportunity with an established contractor operating on a luxury residential development. This position is only available on a Single Status travel basis due to the remote location and provided accommodation is of a high end nature, but will be on a shared basis with other Managers.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.