DESIblitz Job: Motor Insurance Handler
Website Asure Recruit
Motor Insurance Handler (Third Party)
Starting salary: £18,000 + benefits
Full time and permanent
Central Manchester – Split between the office and home working
***FULL TRAINING PROVIDED***
Are you looking to kickstart your career within insurance?
About Our Client
My client is a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for in the UK. They are currently recruiting for a Trainee Third Party Claims Handler to join their friendly and energetic team in Tunbridge Wells.
The successful candidate will be trained to handle a portfolio of third party motor claims via telephone and email across various skillsets.
The day to day would include the following:
- Managing claims caseload in accordance with the company’s claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements.
- Undertaking general claims tasks, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous insurance experience not essential, full training to be provided
- Previous office/call handling experience
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Willingness to develop self and new skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads
What’s on offer?
A competitive salary of £18,000 coupled with an excellent benefits package.
If you feel you have the right experience and want to be part of an award winning company, please apply today or call for more information.
Please NoteAt DESIblitz Jobs we strongly believe in helping our candidates find the right job and that everyone should have the same opportunities to find meaningful work. Our ethos is to promote diversity in the workplace. As one of our candidates your background or ethnicity shouldn't have any impact on your ability to apply for this job.