Bringing a taste of Eastern street music to Birmingham, DESIblitz.com in association with Symphony Hall and Asian Arts Agency are giving you the chance to see Sain Zahoor perform live in Birmingham for free!
A gifted Sufi street musician from Pakistan, Zahoor returns to the UK after a considerable absence.
Zahoor will blow you away with his unique rural sound that blends together beautifully crafted lyrics with a mystical melody.
You can see Zahoor sing into his 3-stringed ‘Toomba’, alongside a 5-piece ensemble made of a Flute, Harmonium, Tabla and Dhol drums.
Zahoor’s extensive musical career has been truly inspirational.
He began singing at the age of 5. At 10, he left his rural peasant home to begin a Sufi journey of enlightenment.
Visiting various shrines across Sindh and Punjab, Zahoor sang kalams (sacred scriptures of Islam) to get by.
The Sufi way took Zahoor down a life-changing path:
“I dreamt of a hand calling me to Baba Bulle Shah’s dargah (‘shrine’). There I met Ustad Sain Raunka Ali of Patiala and my first lessons in the Sufi kalams were under his guidance,” Sain says.
Zahoor has developed a very loyal following of fans since he made his debut in 1989 at the All Pakistan Music Conference.
He released his first record in 2006, and was immediately nominated for a BBC World Music Award.
Since then, he has released a number of exemplary albums and film soundtracks that have been enjoyed by a global audience, including ‘Aja Goriye’ featured in the film West is West (2010) the sequel to East is East.
Speaking about Zahoor’s upcoming performance at Symphony Hall, Richard Hawley, Head of Artistic Programming at Town Hall Symphony Hall, said:
“We’re delighted to welcome Sain Zahoor to Birmingham for this very special performance at Symphony Hall. Seeing him perform will be an incredible experience, not only for existing fans, but also for new audiences.”
This is a unique opportunity to see the talented artist exclusively perform at Symphony Hall – one of the finest concert halls in Europe.
Town Hall and Symphony Hall cater to every musical genre and they openly welcome the diverse and vibrant sounds of South Asia.
Fans of Zahoor can expect a fantastic night of entertainment. With the chance to see Zahoor perform some exceptional Sufi musical tracks, this one-off concert is definitely not one to miss!
Date and Time: Wednesday 30 September 2015 – 8.30pm
Venue: Symphony Hall, Broad St, Birmingham B1 2EA
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
To win one pair of tickets to see SAIN ZAHOOR, retweet us on Twitter:
OR, simply answer the question below and submit your answer to us now!
One entry will allow you to win two tickets for you to go with a friend or family member. The competition closes at 12.00pm on Monday 21st September 2015. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.