"I knew that here was a voice that was so wonderful"
Kailesh Kher and his band Kailasa will be touring the UK in April 2012. DESIblitz in association with Saregama Events is pleased to announce the opportunity for our readers to exclusively win seven pairs of tickets for the Kailesh Kher UK Tour shows.
Kailesh Kher’s first ever UK tour organised by Saregama Events, will see Kailash and his band Kailasa performing at prestigious venues in London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Leicester between April 4th-9th 2012.
Amongst Kailash’s biggest fans is double Academy Award-winning composer A R Rahman who says, “The moment I heard him, I knew that here was a voice that was so wonderful, and which had its own unique space… I want to say that Kailash Kher’s voice has something that had been lacking a lot – it had pure soul!”
Kailash’s extensive repertoire and Kailasa’s unique brand of music will appeal to the UK South Asian audiences as well as lovers of world music. Kailash with his band Kailasa will be performing crowd favourites like ‘Allah Ke Bandey,’ ‘Teri Deewani’ and ‘Saiyyaan,’ as well as Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan classics such as ‘Sanu Ek Pal Chain Na Ave’ and ‘Ishq Ka Rutba.’
A highlight of the UK concerts will be a showcase of songs from their new album ‘Rangeele’. Since its release on the Saregama music label on 10th January 2012 ‘Rangeele’ has garnered admiration from Kailash and his band’s huge fan following in India and abroad, with their tracks being regularly aired on television and radio stations around the world.
In an industry where fickle item numbers and Hindi remixes rule the Indian charts for a few transitory weeks before disappearing, Rangeele is a refreshing change. A collection of songs with true staying power, they confirm Kailash Kher’s position as one of India’s most unique music talents and creator of music with substance.
Kailesh talking about the album says: “Each song in this album has a history or simply connects to an experience. Every song is a story in itself.”
Rangelee is indeed a gem of an album and listening to it will take you on a journey of depth, devotion and pure subliminal melodies crafted with the essence of Kailesh Kher’s voice and the gorgeous music by Kailasa.
You can win a free copy of Rangelee in our competition: Free Rangelee CD by Kailesh Kher.
UK TOUR Concert Dates
Wednesday 4th April 2012- Symphony Hall, Birmingham.
Friday 6th April 2012 – Philharmonic Hall, Liverpool.
Sunday 8th April 2012 – HMV Hammersmith Apollo, London.
Monday 9th April 2012- De Montfort Hall, Leicester.
For more information about the tour: www.saregamaevents.com
FREE CONCERT TICKETS
You can watch this amazing concert free by entering our competition. We have the following tickets up for grabs. Each winning answer will admit two people to a concert (pair).
Birmingham – 2 pairs of tickets (for 2 lucky winners).
Liverpool – 3 pairs of tickets (for 3 lucky winners).
London – 1 pair of tickets (for 1 lucky winner).
Simply answer the question below and submit it to us. Please read the Terms and Conditions before entering the competition. Remember to select which venue you wish to attend in your answer!
The competition closes Monday 2nd April 2012 at 5.00pm.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older and based in the United Kingdom.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winners – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, DESIblitz.com may at its discretion only substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.