DESIblitz.com in association with The Drum, Perfect Harmony and Rock On Music are giving our readers the amazing chance to see the legendary Ghazal singer, Pankaj Udhas, perform live at the New Bingley Hall in Birmingham.
This incredible once-in-a-lifetime concert will see Pankaj Udhas perform a selection of songs from his huge discography that includes over 50 albums, his most recent being Shaayar (2010).
Pankaj Udhas is considered one of the greatest Ghazal singers in India today – a true living legend. He has enjoyed an incredible career and is responsible for singing some classic hits like ‘Chitte Aaye Hai’ from the film Naam (1986).
Born with an extraordinary gift, Pankaj started singing at the age of 11 years old, and he released his first ever music album Aahat in 1980.
Over the years, his melodious voice has drawn a huge following, and some of his popular pop numbers include, ‘Sharab Cheez Hi Aisi’, ‘Ek Taraf Uska Ghar’, ‘Chandni Jaisa Rang Hai Tera’, ‘Deewaron Se Milkar Rona’, ‘Zara Ahista Chal’, and ‘Mohe Aai Na Jag Se Laaj’.
A popular Bollywood playback singer for some time, he has also sung duets with Lata Mangeshkar. He is one of the few artists responsible for Ghazals being so popular among mainstream audiences.
Pankaj has won countless awards for his talents over the years and in 2006, he was awarded the ‘Padamashree’ by the Indian government for his contribution to Ghazal singing and his active social work.
Fans of the legend will now have the unique chance to see him perform live in the UK after an absence of many years.
Such an incredible Indian talent and living legend, this is one unmissable chance to see the great Ghazal maestro perform live in the UK in a special concert celebrating his life work.
Hear Pankaj and some of his incredible Bollywood hits like you never have before. This is one show you definitely don’t want to miss!
Date and Time: Sunday 6th April 2014 – 7.00pm
Venue: The New Bingley Hall, 1 Hockley Circus, Hockley, Birmingham, West Midlands, B18 5BE
FREE TICKETS COMPETITION
To win a FREE pair of tickets to see PANKJAJ UDHAS live concert, follow us on Twitter or Like Us on Facebook:
Then, simply answer the question below and submit your answer to us now!
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
One entry will allow you to win two tickets for you to go with a friend or family member. The competition closes at 12.00pm on Thursday 3rd April 2014. Please read the Terms and Conditions of the competition below before entering.
Terms & Conditions
- DESIblitz.com is not responsible for and will not consider incomplete or incorrect entries, or entries submitted but not received by DESIblitz.com for any reason, as potential competition winners.
- To enter this competition, you must be at least 18 years old or older.
- The winner will be contacted at the “sender” email address or telephone number that was used to enter the competition and the “sender” will be considered as the sole winner.
- No more than one entry per email address is permitted and will be considered.
- You hereby agree to hold DESIblitz.com and its affiliates, owners, partners, subsidiaries, licensees sponsors and assigns harmless from and against, and hereby waive any right to pursue, any claims of any nature arising in connection with the inclusion in, publication via or display on any DESIblitz.com site or this competition, or any other use authorised under these Terms, of any photo or information submitted to DESIblitz.com by you;
- Your Details – In order to claim a winning entry, the entrant supply DESIblitz.com with his/her legal name, a valid email address, and telephone number.
- Winner – the winning entrant of the competition will be selected using a random number algorithmic process which will select one number from only the correctly answered entries input serially into the system. If details supplied by any winner are incorrect, then their ticket will be offered to the next random number from the winning entries.
- DESIblitz.com will communicate with the winner via the email or telephone provided. DESIblitz.com is not responsible for emails not getting to the user, nor responsible for the quality of the seats, if show times or dates change, and is not responsible for anything that happens before, during, or after the event.
- The winner may not request substitutions of winnings. The winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred after or before they receive the tickets.
- DESIblitz.com, nor employees of DESIblitz.com or partners may be held liable for any warranty, costs, damage, injury, or any other claims incurred as a result of any winnings of a prize.
- DESIblitz.com is not liable for any loss arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any competition promoted by DESIblitz.com.
- DESIblitz.com does not accept responsibility for: (1) lost, late or undelivered entries, notifications or communications; (2) any technical, computer, on-line, telephone, cable, electronic, software, hardware, transmission, connection, Internet, Web site, or other access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of an entrant to enter the competition.
- DESIblitz.com disclaims any liability for inaccurate information, whether caused by the Web site, its users or by human or technical errors related to the submission of entries. DESIblitz.com makes no warranties or guarantees in relation to the prizes.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which are governed by the law of England and Wales. DESIblitz.com and all entrants irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with these Terms and Conditions and submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, provided that for the exclusive benefit of DESIblitz.com shall retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in the courts near an entrant’s residence.
- DESIblitz.com reserves the right to alter any rules of any contest at any time.